VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure a lot of you have heard of that 14 year old kid that got thrown 100 feet and DIED trying to cross Highway 30 (going towards St. Helens). The crossing signal for pedestrians is only but a few seconds and they have to cross 4 lanes of wide-highway traffic. The guy who killed this kid ran the stop light and also was travelling in excess of the posted 45 MPH limit.
My coworker is involved in a demonstration that will be taking place at the scene of the crime today. A LOT of people will be there...Arco Oil is shutting down, the local lumber company is shutting down, the Fire Department is going to be demonstrating as well as the local polic department. It's a demonstration to the city to try to either lower the posted speed limit or extend the pedestrian signal (which they've been trying to do for YEARS after numerous other kids have had near-misses AND other hit-and-runs by cars).
If you want to get your car in the news, Local Station 2 will be out there. If you want to do this for a good cause then come on out too. The demonstration will consist of waiting for the school bus to come at 4pm and at that point they will press the pedestrian signal NON-STOP until it all dies down or they start to get arrested.
Email me at [email protected] if you want anymore info. I will TRY to make it out there...I have to get headlights first.
WHERE: 107th Avenue & St. Helens Highway (Highway 30)
WHEN: 4:00 PM
Thanks for reading this

[Modified by Snipun, 8:24 AM 12-3-2001]

·
Banned
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: PORTLANDERS READ! IMPORTANT!!!! (EchoOfGecko)

Check out the news tonight...they're promised a spot on Channel 2 News. Since all of the news agencies are like little kids I'm somewhat sure that the other stations will have a little blip of the demonstration too. If I go...I'll be sure to get pictures of my Corrado with the demonstrators...

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Re: PORTLANDERS READ! IMPORTANT!!!! (MkIII)

for those of you looking for a cheap thrill by being on the news, all i saw (relevant cars anyways) was an audi wagon...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.