VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked this up a few months ago and have been slowly fixing little things here and there. Has been really reliable as a daily. Maybe someday it will reach its former glory. Till then, its my #posmk4

It started life as a 20th, the motor popped and instead of fixing it the car was parted out.
The person who bought the shell managed to get it back on the road with the parts from a Wolfsburg Jetta
Now its my job to find the missing pieces to this once great puzzle

Sorry about the instalame photos. Ill have to spend some more time and find the others and update this

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Nice rescue an I hope you get it back to its former glory. Nice to see it being appreciated

sent from my Atrix HD

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice rescue an I hope you get it back to its former glory. Nice to see it being appreciated

sent from my Atrix HD
Hopefully Ill have the GTI front end back again soon, the Imola hood is in the garage and the 20th headlights are in my bedroom lol Just need to get fenders, bumper and grille yet

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Removed the FMIC to reinstall the stock side mount. Ebay crap didn't fit anyway, may buy a nice fmic someday but not in the cards at this moment.

Snapped a couple pictures of my poor neglected rabbit... Someday I will finish what I started

Then this morning I removed the front clip and sold it to a friend that hit a deer. If all goes as planned I should have 80% of the 20th front end back on by tonight..... Fingers crossed

And just for ****s and giggles I got a picture of my other two loves.... 1987 TurboII Rx7 and 1992 S10

And don't worry the wheels are still here just let a friend test fit them for a couple days

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had a great day with #posmk4

This weekend I drove up to Duluth to pickup some parts for my front end swap.

Started by removing the broken lens from my new 20th headlights

Then I installed the new hood and fenders and did the first test fit with the optikwerks front bumper.

Was rather uphappy with the first fitup. Decided to put a stock golf bumper on for the time being until I decide to work on the fit of the optikwerks

Then I worked out a trade for my hatch for an r32 hatch... Got that swapped and took some final pics

Thats all for now. Tomorrow Ill maybe swap wheels back and roll the new fenders

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
That car has had quite the life. Been around the block, that's for sure. I am glad you are putting the time and effort into it instead of the deterioration it seemed to have gotten.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.