VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 2.0 Jetta that’s had the muffler removed and a pipe welded up in its place. It makes some pretty loud pops and bangs on deceleration at higher rpms and some nice burbles at lower rpms but I was wondering what the chances are of getting some flames out the back with a CAT delete and an ECU chip that adds more fueling so there’s some extra fuel going out the back and no CAT to catch any sparks. I’ve seen N/A 2.0 Jetta’s shoot some big flames with a stand-alone ecu and a 2 step tune and was wondering if this might be a cheaper alternative to a full ecu.

· Banned
1,779 Posts
OH LORD
pops, bangs
wants flames
you are running supper lean and are destroying your engine
100% of everything you are asking about is illegal and against forum rules.
that being said, your 2.slow is belching out fuel at some stupid level and if you put more of it in the pipe somehow you will blow up the exhaust and i mean split the sucker in half with a really loud bang.
those flame kits are spark plugs in the end of the tail pipe with a fuel injector (usually running c3h8) for propane NOT GASOLINE
i have seen many cars try this and end up in flames, literally with melted bumpers or worse.
my advice, delete or get rid of all those fast and furious movies you have been worshiping and stop hemorrhaging money on worthless illegal mods to your car for "street cred" because you don't look cool doing stuff like that. want to look cool, have a sweet ride sleeper or a nicely done car, not some riced out farfegnugen with a fart can and 30 spoilers!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OH LORD
pops, bangs
wants flames
you are running supper lean and are destroying your engine
100% of everything you are asking about is illegal and against forum rules.
that being said, your 2.slow is belching out fuel at some stupid level and if you put more of it in the pipe somehow you will blow up the exhaust and i mean split the sucker in half with a really loud bang.
those flame kits are spark plugs in the end of the tail pipe with a fuel injector (usually running c3h8) for propane NOT GASOLINE
i have seen many cars try this and end up in flames, literally with melted bumpers or worse.
my advice, delete or get rid of all those fast and furious movies you have been worshiping and stop hemorrhaging money on worthless illegal mods to your car for "street cred" because you don't look cool doing stuff like that. want to look cool, have a sweet ride sleeper or a nicely done car, not some riced out farfegnugen with a fart can and 30 spoilers!
I’m not talking about a flame kit I’m talking about an ecu chip that just slightly increases the amount of fuel output

· Banned
1,779 Posts
I’m not talking about a flame kit I’m talking about an ecu chip that just slightly increases the amount of fuel output
Even worse. You want to run a supper rich situation.
Still illegal. And against forum rules. Any alteration of an emissions component is a violation of federal law and form rules.
Please. You wont get any support here. Best for you to go to facebook and try there. Plenty of youtube stuff on how to do this and imo your a troll and we wont feed you any more. Please refrain from illegal discussions and trolling topics. We are happy to help with any off road stuff or ways to make your dreams come true for shows so it can be disabled and removed before driving on public roads.

· Registered
94 Posts
Still illegal. And against forum rules. Any alteration of an emissions component is a violation of federal law and form rules.
That seems more than a bit over the top considering probably 25+% of the vehicles on this forum have aftermarket exhaust that eliminates the cat and a tune that runs significantly richer than original. I do agree with your suggestion to get rid of OP's Fast and Furious collection and the general pointlessness of his goal for flames from the exhaust.

Mark

· Banned
1,779 Posts
you could just snip the wires on your O2 plug, that WILL give you all the fuel you need to attract the attention you so desire...
while your at it, make sure to put in some massively under driven pepboy subs and get that speaker card slapping going. get a hacksaw and slash an inch off your springs and stack 10 washers behind the bottom botls on your rear axle stubs and slot your front struts to get that MAX camber, scrape off the pain on the hood of the car and beer and salt rub it for rat rod style, cover one of the front fenders in henti anime and dont forget the fuzzy dic e and 200% window tint that has millions of air bubbles trapped inside.
you will fit right in...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.