New JDM tail with clear tail light..

Modified by WReXinEFX at 10:16 PM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
22,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (All_Texan)

Quote, originally posted by All_Texan »
That top pic looks official, r u postive that's an '05 sedan?

That's what I'd like to know.. if so.. Mazda just killed off a nice looking tail light with new Altezzas..

·
Registered
2019 Golf R, 2019 XC90
7,179 Posts
Nope... Mazda gave the USDM 'non-ricey' tails.
Here's the 03 Atenza:

Modified by LuckyDogg at 10:36 PM 5-20-2004

·
Banned
5,347 Posts
Re: (NegatiZE)

Quote, originally posted by NegatiZE »
Correct, US didn't recieve these tails. Europe and Japan did.

Smart move Mazda, smart move on the Euro and Japan owners who finally wanna import OUR stuff lol.

·
Registered
41,822 Posts
Re: Possible 2005 Mazda 6 Tail light update? (WReXinEFX)

The clear lights look BETTER on the grey 6.
It's funny how replacing a red lens with a clear lens immediately makes everyone's panties wad up like aluminum f'ing foil.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Re: Possible 2005 Mazda 6 Tail light update? (00silvergls)

Quote, originally posted by 00silvergls »
Mazda sells the clear ones as an accessory.

Yes, I've seen a bunch of otherwise stock 6's with the factory Atenza tails. In fact, most of the V6 ones I've seen around here have them.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Re: Possible 2005 Mazda 6 Tail light update? (edkim)

The clear ones were featured on all of the teaser and concept photos of the 6 before it came out, but the US got the red tails unlike the rest of the world.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Re: Possible 2005 Mazda 6 Tail light update? (WReXinEFX)

i was at the port today and none of these6's have these tail lights..... (just off the boat cars btw)

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Re: Possible 2005 Mazda 6 Tail light update? (AKADriver)

Quote, originally posted by AKADriver »
It's funny how replacing a red lens with a clear lens immediately makes everyone's panties wad up like aluminum f'ing foil.

Remember -- all it takes is a pair of googly headlights and a bubble-butt to turn BMWs into the ugliest cars eVar.

But I gotta go with the anti-Altezza crowd on this one -- the red lights look more cohesive with the 6 IMO (though the clear lights look alright on the red model above and silver/charcoal/white colors).
For some reason, clear taillights work best for me when they are used in combination with chrome accents and/or bumpers.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Re: Possible 2005 Mazda 6 Tail light update? (SpeedRicer)

instead of changing the tail lights, they should make a revised 2 door version

·
Registered
186 Posts
The US is the only country not to have got the clear lens tail lights - we got them in Australia, and you have no idea how jealous i am of the US market with the red lens tail lights. They look so much better on every colour except the steel greay IMO

·
Registered
10,117 Posts
Re: (enobar2)

Quote, originally posted by enobar2 »
The US is the only country not to have got the clear lens tail lights - we got them in Australia, and you have no idea how jealous i am of the US market with the red lens tail lights. They look so much better on every colour except the steel greay IMO

Canada has the red tails too y'know.

Seriously though, when I went to Europe I thought that every single Mazda owner had developed bad taste.

Although in Europe, clear tails are even more popular among the modifying crowd than they are here in North America.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Re: (Old school)

Altezzas RUIN cars...
They were cool the first time I saw them, but now I just think "Hmmm.. Nice '86 Accord."

Factory Installed Altezzas, IMO, are equivalent to factory installed Chrome Fender Arches
let the kids who buy the car ruin it at Pep-Boys if they choose..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts