VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know that PES has a roots type supercharger for a butt load of money...the thing is, a roots type supercharger is the worst and least efficient (power) supercharger type. Figures the 3.0 would get the ass end of everything!
The 2.7L has virtually the same design as the 3.0L and it has a bi turbo system. I was just daydreaming one day and thought....what if you get a custom turbo manifold made, almost identical to the 2.7L in every way...bolt the twims on them and get the rest of the exhaust components...there you have it. You should have a monster on your hands! Would this be possible? I've been looking for people who can create the custom exhaust manifold, which seems to be the only hurrdle in this project and cant find a single person or company to do it!

Help me out here!!!
This is possible

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Re: possible forced induction (DaFabolous2.0)

This would most likely be possible, but two things to consider....
1. As stated before it would be a tight squeeze
2. Since everything would be custom made I would bet by the time all is said and done, you'd spend close to the same amount of money to turbo a 3.0 as you would to supercharge it and the supercharger would be most likely more reliable/less problems. Don't forget the 3.0 was not made for forced induction from the factory, so if you wanted to run a little more boost, compression would have to be lowered slightly, whcich means new headgaskets and custom ecm programming.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts