VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.stanadyne.com/new/p...=2993
DELPHI, STANADYNE JOIN FORCES TO IMPROVE DIRECT INJECTION GASOLINE TECHNOLOGYCompanies will together provide state-of-the-art Direct Injection Gasoline technology TROY, Mich. – Delphi Corp. and Stanadyne Corp. have entered into an agreement to co-develop high-pressure supply pumps for direct injection gasoline engines, the companies announced today.“This is a win-win collaboration,” said Jean Botti, Delphi business line executive, powertrain. “For Delphi, it means we will be able to provide a complete direct injection gasoline system to car manufacturers around the globe.” “And, Stanadyne gains a system capable partner to ensure the optimal utilization of high-pressure pumps as an integral part of the total system,” said William Kelly, Stanadyne senior vice-president. When used alone, today’s in-tank pumps deliver fuel at pressures of 300 to 400 kpa. Adding the additional Delphi-Stanadyne high-pressure pump to the engine increases fuel pressure to upwards of 200 bar. The boost in high-pressure fuel delivered to the direct injection fuel injector means better fuel delivery and engine fuel economy. Stanadyne and Delphi have already begun co-development work on the pumps and are currently working on several possible customer applications. Stanadyne, with headquarters in Windsor, Conn., is an innovator of specialty engine components, having a specific expertise in the area of design, development, manufacture and supply of high pressure fuel supply pumps. One of the world’s largest automotive suppliers, Delphi offers a wide range of engine management systems designed to help global vehicle manufacturers meet increasingly stringent governmental emission regulations and growing consumer demands for greater fuel efficiency. For more information about Delphi, visit Delphi’s media room at http://www.delphi.com/media.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Sweet..
JT

·
Registered
840 Posts
Re: Possible FSI Fueling solutions?! ( 18bora)

ahhh sweetness... im sure delphi could produce a nice 200bar rail pump for a decent price then the injectors to b00t! This is just the tip of the ice berg for us FSI motors, i cant wait for what willbe in store.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I wonder what the rail is rated to considering they have either 120 or 130 bar reliefs. In industry pressure vessels are generally tested to 150%. 130*1.5 = 195 bar. Unless someone can garauntee me that our rail can handle it I won't mess with 2900 PSI...
But man would it be amazing.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Re: (magilson)

Very interesting. I wonder how this will compare with APR's upgraded pump coming out soon (anticipated cost of ~$1K).

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Re: (NS01GTI)

Quote, originally posted by NS01GTI »
Very interesting. I wonder how this will compare with APR's upgraded pump coming out soon (anticipated cost of ~$1K).

x2. hopefully it will bring their retail down to reality a bit. its a modified oem pump!

·
Registered
938 Posts

Quote, originally posted by magilson »
I wonder what the rail is rated to considering they have either 120 or 130 bar reliefs. In industry pressure vessels are generally tested to 150%. 130*1.5 = 195 bar. Unless someone can garauntee me that our rail can handle it I won't mess with 2900 PSI...

could you imagine the rail bursting with fuel at that pressure? omg that would be crazy scary, Id run sooooo fast it wouldn't be funny.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Re: (wunderman4)

Quote, originally posted by wunderman4 »

could you imagine the rail bursting with fuel at that pressure? omg that would be crazy scary, Id run sooooo fast it wouldn't be funny.

hard to run when you have hot, pressurized, possibly ignited fuel being sprayed all over you.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Re: (ssaffioti)

Quote, originally posted by ssaffioti »
Are they considering an electric high pressure pump?

I agree, no guarantees on fitment. However I would be completely surprised to see an electric high pressure (100+ bar) fuel pump run by an electric motor on a 12V power system. It would either have a really big and noisy gearbox (think diesel starter noise constantly) or it would draw a LOT of current.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

I agree, no guarantees on fitment. However I would be completely surprised to see an electric high pressure (100+ bar) fuel pump run by an electric motor on a 12V power system. It would either have a really big and noisy gearbox (think diesel starter noise constantly) or it would draw a LOT of current.

Right, I agree 100%. I can't see Delphi engineering a pump that would bolt up to the 2.0T or other VAG FSI engines, unless VW decides that they need another supplier besides Hitachi.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Re: (ssaffioti)

Quote, originally posted by ssaffioti »

Right, I agree 100%. I can't see Delphi engineering a pump that would bolt up to the 2.0T or other VAG FSI engines, unless VW decides that they need another supplier besides Hitachi.

sad but true

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

The new 1.4L twin-charged VAG motor runs @ 150bar and is also TFSI.
Mazda version of TFSI i believe uses Bosch pumps , go figure LOL

Looking at where the auto industry is going FSI and TFSI will be industry wide in petro motors within a few years and would prob be here for 10 years + IMO,with emission's and fuel economy pushing technology in that direction.
I know the common rail diesel engine's are being tested @ 200bar
Bob.G

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.