VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Possible Jetta V Under Our Noses!!!

Given the trned of consolidation within the auto industry, it is becoming more and more common for manufacturers to defray huge cost outlays for multiple platforms and brands by sharing common components and platforms. Ford is doing it with the Volvo S40 and Mazda 3 ... and later the next Focus. GM is taking a Subaru chassis and using it for the next Saab car. On and on... So let's cut to the chase. VW is not that different. In fact, VW has shown an inherent talent for building multiple cars on the same platforms and sharing components amongst brands.
Given the brands in the VW stable, I wondered, if it might be possible that a model under another brand may reveal the next Jetta to us in the states. I believe it to be true. VW builds good things but they have developed so much sharing between brands, brand identity is almost blurred. Also, since the sedan version or Bora is not very popular in Europe in comparison to the Golf, whereas in the states it is the other way around, why develop another car when they can rebadge something for the states that does work in Europe.
I think the Skoda Octavia is our elusive Jetta V. Throw in your standard VW badging and VW flare, a VW-fied interior and you have a baby Passat, or next-gen Jetta. Besides the Octavia is already built on the Golf V platform. It has similar engine offerings. Plus, it fits with the rumors of a slightly bigger, more refined car.
It kind of resembles a Volvo S60.

Modified by a dub life for me at 3:08 AM 2-17-2004

Modified by a dub life for me at 3:09 AM 2-17-2004

·
Registered
314 Posts
Re: Possible Jetta V Under Our Noses!!! (a dub life for me)

looks like it could be wearing a daewoo/hyundai/kia badge. let's hope to god it looks nothing like this. if the new jetta looks anything like most of the perceived pics on this site i will be holding on to my mkiv for much longer than i hold on to most of my cars. just my opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Possible Jetta V Under Our Noses!!! (uberspeed)

Blasphemy!!! How dare thee uttereth the dreaded Kia/Hyundai/Daewoo marques.

Sacrilege.

Actually... I would have to concur, but only in regard to the grille. That is all. The Skoda grille does kind of fit with those other... brands. What with all that chrome.
But let it be known, this car is a VWAG purebreed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

If that picture gets you thinking, I might be on to something, take a look at these pictures, and let me know if this does not look like a VW interior. These are pictures of the Octavia rear and interior.
Hmmm..... blue dash lighting red tach and odo gauges, Black dash on beige interior, center console screen with integrated sound, video, and navigation. Looks an awful lot like VW to me.

-courtesy of Mannyo 1's post in the Skoda Octavia forum

·
Registered
4,377 Posts

Too bad the real thing doesn't look anything like a Skoda Octavia. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth over this fact next door.
Click here, and weep.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Possible Jetta V Under Our Noses!!! (dubfan)

Not to be too blunt, but welcome to 3 weeks ago.
I did up these photoshops to illustrate just that point:

But all the people who think they are "in the know" say it will not sare any body panels....we'll just have ot wait and see.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Re: Possible Jetta V Under Our Noses!!! (Adrock55)

Great work. Can you try putting the Concept-R or Phaeton/B6 Passat headlight & grille treatment on it?

·
Registered
4,377 Posts

Try these for a front grille/headlamp treatment:

·
Registered
6,882 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Adrock55 »
Not to be too blunt, but welcome to 3 weeks ago.
I did up these photoshops to illustrate just that point:

But all the people who think they are "in the know" say it will not sare any body panels....we'll just have ot wait and see.

u got skillz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts