VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Lexus GX460, 2005 Lexus GX470, 1973 IH Scout
16,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be quite honest I think they look horribly dated when stock. That said, is it possible to make one look clean and modern with some minor adjustments? While I know some people are all for the orange turn signals and markers, the smoked from later years really seems to help.

Post up some examples. :beer:

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
The detail of trying to "update" older cars with things typical of newer cars almost never looks right, IMO.

LED tails and headlights and fender vents, body kits, retrofits and whatever else... Just let it be what it is, drop it on some wheels that don't suck and you have a head turner that ages gracefully.

Or don't and leave it stock.

:confused:

·
Registered
2022 Lexus GX460, 2005 Lexus GX470, 1973 IH Scout
16,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The problem is that by the time you are done, you could have bought an updated Boxster.
Fair point, but there's a ton of them for sale with the "updates" already completed for the same price as the originals.

I'm not saying either way is right or wrong, just looking for some examples. :beer:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.