VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Less than a week with my car and my passenger side speaker on my Bose system is blown. If I bought a drivers-side speaker would it be possible to modify it to fit in the passenger side? If not, where would the cheapest place to get a replacement be? I didn't see any on Suncoast Audi's webpage that's where I normally get my Porsche parts.
-thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Re: Possible to modify driver's side speaker to fit in the passenger side? (Porschekid)

I don't have my bentley handy but I would have figured they'd be the same speaker... can't see wny they'd make them different... unless they just want to find a different way to rape the consumer.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Re: Possible to modify driver's side speaker to fit in the passenger side? (my_01_S4)

Quote, originally posted by my_01_S4 »
unless they just want to find a different way to rape the consumer.

we are talking about audi here

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Possible to modify driver's side speaker to fit in the passenger side? (Porschekid)

I believe the mount is different and possibly how they plug in. I didn't know if I could transplant one into the other though. If it wasn't a factory speaker and one of these Bose self-amplified ones I wouldn't really have this problem.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Possible to modify driver's side speaker to fit in the passenger side? (GTI20thNo742)

Quote, originally posted by GTI20thNo742 »
My opinion? Boxters aren't really porsche's, like the 914.

Wow, you must really know what you're talking about since you can't even spell the car name properly. It's BoxSter, retard.

·
Registered
859 Posts

uh, the boxster has better weight distribution that the 911, the stereotypical and one of the most legendary porsches. i'd say it is as good of a car, better in some instances. what do you base that opinon on? are you just trying to cause problems?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

****ing spelling police. That's lower than mall security, man.
If you were going to call yourself Porschekid, you should at least have a 911.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Possible to modify driver's side speaker to fit in the passenger side? (GTI20thNo742)

Quote, originally posted by GTI20thNo742 »
****ing spelling police. That's lower than mall security, man.
If you were going to call yourself Porschekid, you should at least have a 911.

Haha, you are such a douche. I had this name before I even owned a Porsche and have always been a Porsche fan. I have driven more Porsche's than you will ever touch. I got the Boxster because I wanted a convertible and I think the 996 cabriolet looks like a bathtub.
The Boxster has better steering-feel, braking, and balance than the 911 and for a much better price. If the 914 and Boxster aren't real Porsches then what about the 924, the 944, the 928, the 968, the Cayman, the Cayenne, or for that matter any Porsche that isn't a 911? I've run into hundreds of people like you that repeat the same spoon-fed crap that they hear from everyone else yet know dick about what they are saying. Go start **** elsewhere.

I drove a 911 for a week and didn't get half the compliments that I normally get in my Boxster...

Modified by Porschekid at 1:08 PM 11-14-2007

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

You missed it stupid. Umm...the 914 wasn't a Porsche. It was a VW. Unless you were a Nazi, are you a Nazi???

Quote, originally posted by Porschekid »

I drove a 911 for a week and didn't get half the compliments that I normally get in my Boxster...

Compliments from the girls who want to own it because it's a girl's car. Like the Mitsu Eclipse, or the H2. Failure.

Quote, originally posted by Porschekid »

I have driven more Porsche's than you will ever touch.

Highly unlikely, I've probably driven more Boxsters than you've driven Porsche's. I'm of course including the GT1 i've driven, the GT3 i've owned, and the countless 911's that have been in and out of my shop. So, go give your mom her car back, before she notices it missing.
This thread is done and so am I.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.