VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I admit my car has many aftermarket parts which may affect reliability and performance of the car. However when I take my car to the dealership I expect them to tell me what is wrong with the car regardless of aftermarket parts. If it is the aftermarket part causing the problem than tell me and I will take it up with the manufacturer of the part. Instead the dealership calls me after having the car for one day saying we won't touch the car because of your aftermarket parts.
Here is a list of what was wrong on the car.
1. CEL is on. No performance issues with the car Asked dealer to check and they don't know why its on.
2. CD changer broke. Dealer response get a new one
3. Front passenger seat cable is broke therefore seat does not move back and forth. Ask dealer to fix their response will not fix because I had the seats reupholstered.
4. Loud clunking in the front when I make sharp turns. I assume it is the strut bearing because I can see that they are sticking out. Dealer will not even attempt to check this out.
Mind you the car is not under warranty so I don't have an issue with paying to fix the car. What do you guys think I should do at this point? Also they ahve worked on my car in the past and never had a problem with the aftermarker products. In fact they even did warranty work before.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (ImRollin)

i agree, i took my car there because my break light fuse was blown. they said they repalced it with a new one but about a day later it was blown again. took it to another deal and they said that they gave me a used switch when trans said it was new one. go figure. well i dont go there anymore. they lied the first time so forget that. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
hey look at that, 300th post

[Modified by flow vdub, 3:55 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
31,002 Posts

Here is a list of what was wrong on the car.
1. CEL is on. No performance issues with the car Asked dealer to check and they don't know why its on. Seems like they could check and at least tell you what it says. You'll pay for that BTW...
2. CD changer broke. Dealer response get a new one Whatcha gonna do? Might as well replace it. God knows they're not cracking them open to fix them.
3. Front passenger seat cable is broke therefore seat does not move back and forth. Ask dealer to fix their response will not fix because I had the seats reupholstered. I'd get the local service rep involved. But I'd imagine their reluctance has something to do w/the airbags-what exactly? Dunno
4. Loud clunking in the front when I make sharp turns. I assume it is the strut bearing because I can see that they are sticking out. Dealer will not even attempt to check this out. Offer to PAY for the diagnostic work.
I'd also try another dealer altogether...
Mind you the car is not under warranty so I don't have an issue with paying to fix the car. What do you guys think I should do at this point? Also they ahve worked on my car in the past and never had a problem with the aftermarker products. In fact they even did warranty work before.
If you haven't, ask WHY a LOT. If they have no reason, then maybe they'll rethink their wholesale "no's" and give it a try.
And be nice. In fact, give them more respect than they deserve. They have the keys to the kingdom here. You don't. If you're a demanding ass, you'll be a demanding ass w/a CEL, bad seat, bad CD, and clunks

[Modified by Jman5000, 3:58 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
29,721 Posts
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (Jman5000)

"Loud clunking in the front when I make sharp turns. I assume it is the strut bearing because I can see that they are sticking out. "
Your suspension installation is f*cked if you can see the upper strut mount sticking out... Is that what youre talking about? If so they were installed backwards and thats why it popped through.
My bearings were crushed as well, but it was due to the installation. =/

·
Registered
14,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (Jman5000)

Thats the thing Jman5000. I have no problem paying for the diagnostic and even told the service rep that. I just want to know what is wrong with the car so I can fix it. I really don't think that is too much to ask. And I asked him several times politely why they can't and he just said that a tech will not even touch the car. I told him I was more than willing to pay. The car has over $10k in it so I think that shows I willing to pay to have it fixed or at least know what needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
14,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (steez)

quote:[HR][/HR]"
Your suspension installation is f*cked if you can see the upper strut mount sticking out... Is that what youre talking about? If so they were installed backwards and thats why it popped through.
[HR][/HR]​
If that is the case why can't they tell me that. Than suggest to install new mounts or a new suspension if that is the problem.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts

go to New Century VW in Glendale. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
screw Trans Ocean.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

If you don't mind the drive Capistrano VW is excellent http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif ...of course its like 80 miles from Pasadena http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (BoraVR6)

i too am a trans ocean hater, first they take forever to fix your car, let alone they dont even fix it right and the problem comes back, ive taken my car there too many times, and now i go to timmons vw in long beach, great service there and no returning problems, go there and ask for Clark, he too drives a vw with mods so he is very understanding, and will help you with whatever you need

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (golfgl99)

does anybody know about the service at vw santa monica?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (billgti)

Which dealership is the Most "Cool" with mods and stuff here around LA area?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (aak97)

i wanna say Timmons is hella cool, they have taken care of me compared to Mckenna in Huntington http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif. Never will i go there, take forever to fix the car, and had to reschedule a couple of times because of it..

i even bought the car there, that is what blows.. next car is thru Timons or Santa Monica. Heard some good things about both, and Timons i know of!
Tom

·
Registered
484 Posts
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (bora6)

Trans Ocean used to be pretty good a few years ago...new it just went all bad

Their service department is first come first serve.... so don't bother to make any appointment...
Last time i went there to fix some noise problem, i made a appointment 1 week ahead and arrive at 10am as they told me. I even offer them that i will take a ride with one of the personnel to locate the noise. You know what they told me ? Our special train personnel can do the job so i leave.... at 3pm i call them, they told me they haven't touch my car yet...i ask them why they want the car so early if they don't have time to do anything on it. they told me when i arrive there are 50 people ahead of me already..... so......
"yea right, when i was there there are not even 20 car in the lot"
Anyway.. around 5pm i finally got a call from them and went pick up my car... after i get my key and drive out the lot, i find out the noise are still there. I went back to ask their service advicer about what happen, he told me our special train personnel can't find it you need to make another appointment and take a ride with him.... " when i got the car, the A/C are on 4 and Music is super loud, their special train personnal most be haveing pretty good time test driveing my car "
So i write a pretty strong E-Mail to VW and went to Puente Hill VW and fix the problem.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (aak97)

New Century VW in Glendale gets my http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif ...they are cool with mods and won't give you any crap for it. I've seen a yellow mk3 GTI (vr6 and loaded with mods) and the workers there actually gave him some props for his car...thats just my .02

[Modified by Dk-Trinity, 7:21 AM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

Try VW Van Nuys, and when you call, talk to Dennis. he's the service manager, i'm pretty sure he's got a manager title. He's a real nice guy, and the service department is outstanding. Always gets your car done in a timely manner, never promises anything they can't pull off, and are always honest. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
29,721 Posts
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (Satchriani)

ImRollin: you have to install new mounts and bearings... yours are ruined.. because of the previous installation. Thats the only thing to do

·
Registered
14,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (steez)

quote:[HR][/HR]ImRollin: you have to install new mounts and bearings... yours are ruined.. because of the previous installation. Thats the only thing to do[HR][/HR]​
I knew that is what I needed and I wanted them to install it. But they wouldn't even attempt it. The service writer was actually really cool with me when I went to pick up the car and said the decision was entirely made by the service manager. The service manager (who I have not spoken to yet) felt that the parts installed were too complex to even tackle. I asked the service writer you mean to take apart the front shocks and install new mounts was too hard.
He said that the manager felt that it would be more than that and didn't even want to try. Than I told him how other dealers even sell and install aftermarket parts. Anyway I've already called VWofA and set up a case.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts

Oh Boy, you guys don't even want to get me started on Trans Ocean...I've gotten burned by them so many times...they have to be one of the worst VW service departments in southern california. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif to Trans Ocean. Crap service, rude advisors, fabricated wait times, and just plain stinks!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (billgti)

i have been going to santa monica vw. so far i have been satisfied. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (noypitsgolf)

Just want to say it agai..Trans Ocean is terrible!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts