VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I admit my car has many aftermarket parts which may affect reliability and performance of the car. However when I take my car to the dealership I expect them to tell me what is wrong with the car regardless of aftermarket parts. If it is the aftermarket part causing the problem than tell me and I will take it up with the manufacturer of the part. Instead the dealership calls me after having the car for one day saying we won't touch the car because of your aftermarket parts.
Here is a list of what was wrong on the car.
1. CEL is on. No performance issues with the car Asked dealer to check and they don't know why its on.
2. CD changer broke. Dealer response get a new one
3. Front passenger seat cable is broke therefore seat does not move back and forth. Ask dealer to fix their response will not fix because I had the seats reupholstered.
4. Loud clunking in the front when I make sharp turns. I assume it is the strut bearing because I can see that they are sticking out. Dealer will not even attempt to check this out.
Mind you the car is not under warranty so I don't have an issue with paying to fix the car. What do you guys think I should do at this point? Also they ahve worked on my car in the past and never had a problem with the aftermarker products. In fact they even did warranty work before.

·
Registered
14,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (Jman5000)

Thats the thing Jman5000. I have no problem paying for the diagnostic and even told the service rep that. I just want to know what is wrong with the car so I can fix it. I really don't think that is too much to ask. And I asked him several times politely why they can't and he just said that a tech will not even touch the car. I told him I was more than willing to pay. The car has over $10k in it so I think that shows I willing to pay to have it fixed or at least know what needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
14,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (steez)

quote:[HR][/HR]"
Your suspension installation is f*cked if you can see the upper strut mount sticking out... Is that what youre talking about? If so they were installed backwards and thats why it popped through.
[HR][/HR]​
If that is the case why can't they tell me that. Than suggest to install new mounts or a new suspension if that is the problem.

·
Registered
14,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (steez)

quote:[HR][/HR]ImRollin: you have to install new mounts and bearings... yours are ruined.. because of the previous installation. Thats the only thing to do[HR][/HR]​
I knew that is what I needed and I wanted them to install it. But they wouldn't even attempt it. The service writer was actually really cool with me when I went to pick up the car and said the decision was entirely made by the service manager. The service manager (who I have not spoken to yet) felt that the parts installed were too complex to even tackle. I asked the service writer you mean to take apart the front shocks and install new mounts was too hard.
He said that the manager felt that it would be more than that and didn't even want to try. Than I told him how other dealers even sell and install aftermarket parts. Anyway I've already called VWofA and set up a case.

·
Registered
14,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (billgti)

Give me his address I will. I think they should know what people think of them. At the same time I ALSO SUGGEST THAT WE DON'T BUY CARS FROM THEM EITHER.

·
Registered
14,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Re: Possibly the 2nd worst dealership. Trans Ocean in Pasadena. (poopy)

http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.