VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

62801 - 62820 of 63263 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
It's already snowed here. :(
I just realized your location reads out as SLUT....if intentional - well played.

I do hope we get snow here - my snowblower hasn't seen much use and is just taking up space.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I just realized your location reads out as SLUT....if intentional - well played.

I do hope we get snow here - my snowblower hasn't seen much use and is just taking up space.
I always read the "Salt Life" stickers as "Slut Life" There's a lot of them around here, so I usually get a chuckle or to out of it on my to/from work.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,414 Posts

LOL. He's had that probably since the beginning. :laugh:

Like NYC, it's SLC, but SLC,UT doesn't have the same ring. Unless the C is silent. :laugh:

·
Registered
RS3, JKU
18,099 Posts
Garburetor packed it in over the weekend (pun intended), it still works but it has been leaking a few months and suddenly got much worse, eleven years is not bad I guess. So I bought the upgraded model mainly for the quiet and stainless innards.

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
Garburetor packed it in over the weekend (pun intended), it still works but it has been leaking a few months and suddenly got much worse, eleven years is not bad I guess. So I bought the upgraded model mainly for the quiet and stainless innards.

I got the same one a couple of years ago. it can't handle onion peels and citrus, but it was way quieter than our old one with much less vibrations. Once while wearing headphones, I forgot it was on and turned off the water. It ran dry for probably 5 minutes but still works fine.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Bought a second drive for my travel laptop, finally.

Backstopping the wimpy 256GB m.2 main drive, because games and media are huge.

Also a b'day gift for my brother, who's a fan of the Binging with Babish channel.

·
Registered
RS3, JKU
18,099 Posts
I got the same one a couple of years ago. it can't handle onion peels and citrus, but it was way quieter than our old one with much less vibrations. Once while wearing headphones, I forgot it was on and turned off the water. It ran dry for probably 5 minutes but still works fine.
I have the lower end one now (Badger 5 1/2 hp) and I put frigging everything through it. The only time it has ever jammed was when my wife got some small rocks in it cleaning gardening tools :facepalm: But I imagine more power will be nice regardless.

·
Registered
1997 BMW M3, 2020 Mazda CX-5, motorcycles
1,925 Posts

Did you install it yourself? If so, how'd it go?

·
Registered
RS3, JKU
18,099 Posts
Did you install it yourself? If so, how'd it go?
I installed the original one I put in like ten or eleven years ago. This one is the same brand and has all the same hookup locations so it should be a straight swap.

Initial install is not difficult. It might take one trip to the store to get a fitting or something for the drain but the hookup to the sink itself is cake. I already had a pre-wired switch on the backsplash and an outlet under the sink for it.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Running a disposal without water doesn't hurt it. No water prevents the chopped bits from flowing away and leaves them sitting in the bottom.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts

I was pretty surprised that I was able to get 4 years out of my original LED head lights with the fans in them. They spun so fast you could hear them over the idling engine.

Hopefully these new silent heatsink ones hold up.

I need to get around to hitting up TFTQ for a HID conversion and projector.

Also bought a LED dog collar so I can more safely take the black pup on evening strolls

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
Also bought a LED dog collar so I can more safely take the black pup on evening strolls
we've got an LED leash for our brown lab and it was a great purchase. we also have an LED light for his collar when we're in the backyard for a fire.

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
this was an interesting surprise. girlfriend pulled the trigger, so I agreed and we both paid. stated a 12-week lead time, but our scheduled delivery date is 28-Dec. kind of looking forward to using it as a nice change with workout programs. only so much rowing and Always Sunny in the background one can take.

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
this was an interesting surprise. girlfriend pulled the trigger, so I agreed and we both paid. stated a 12-week lead time, but our scheduled delivery date is 28-Dec. kind of looking forward to using it as a nice change with workout programs. only so much rowing and Always Sunny in the background one can take.

ours is due to be delivered the week of thanksgiving. my wife had been thinking about it off and on for a couple of months. I finally just said - order it already.

·
Registered
'16 Fusion Hybrid, '67 Datsun Roadster
18,976 Posts
That's a nice looking clothes hanger. ;)

(well, thats what I would end up using it for :p )

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,414 Posts
That's a nice looking clothes hanger. ;)

(well, thats what I would end up using it for :p )
Everyone needs a valet. :laugh:

Mine (non-peloton) is stuck in the junk room while my rower is resting against the wall. Got a giant beanbag where it once sat. :laugh:

We're a bit disheveled right now, beginning the purge and the home office build-out.

62801 - 62820 of 63263 Posts