VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

62841 - 62860 of 63264 Posts

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
We got almost 10 years out of our Badger5 in our old place. We replaced it with a WasteKing which was awesome. The new house has another Badger5. I figure I'll have another WasteKing in my future at some point.
Thats pretty good...you know the number after the Badger is the amount in years they are designed to last.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,414 Posts
Thats pretty good...you know the number after the Badger is the amount in years they are designed to last.
Honey Badger don't give a ****.

·
Registered
16,248 Posts

·
You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can
6,111 Posts
It truly is. I put some of that stuff on my cat's scratching pad every few months and he goes nuts. Then he even sleeps on the thing for days. Never touches it otherwise :laugh:
My cat is crashed next to his crack bowl. He's been there since 9 AM. :)

I mainly decided to buy some instead of Kong for the road trip in two weeks. Good stuff.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi A7 Prestige, 1996 VR6T Cabrio, 1989 Tristar Syncro TDi, 1980 Scirocco "S"
23,358 Posts
Added a new Sargent heated front and rear seat to my bronze bomber. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
I never started getting my suits tailored until last year. Makes a huge diff on off the rack suits.
This will be my first suit that isn't a tux rental or something. So I figured do it right or not at all including taking in the shirt a bit.

·
Premium Member
2003 Jetta GLi VR6
1,251 Posts
Yeah tailored suits is the way to go, you'll like your suit once it fits you perfectly.

No imagery but after scanning for codes, I have a failing cat on the 2003 Jetta VR6 24v plus it has been causing problems lately.

A local shop wants $1.8k in parts and labor for just for an OEM catalytic converter. The OE cat is $1.1k Yeah,no thanks :screwy:

So I called up Techtonics to make sure they have the downpipe and high flow cat in stock, which they do, so I just ordered the parts online.

It will be nice to have the DP and high flow cat to compliment my TT cat-back exhaust system and much cheaper than what the shop is asking for.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,414 Posts
Yeah tailored suits is the way to go, you'll like your suit once it fits you perfectly.

No imagery but after scanning for codes, I have a failing cat on the 2003 Jetta VR6 24v plus it has been causing problems lately.

A local shop wants $1.8k in parts and labor for just for an OEM catalytic converter. The OE cat is $1.1k Yeah,no thanks :screwy:

So I called up Techtonics to make sure they have the downpipe and high flow cat in stock, which they do, so I just ordered the parts online.

It be nice to have the DP and high cat to compliment my TT cat-back exhaust system and much cheaper than what the shop is asking for.
Whoohoo! And no testing hoops to jump through!

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
We are having a rash of CC being stolen here. I guess the ones on Priuses are the most valuable to sell to unscrupulous junk yards.

It has gotten so bad that shops are selling cat shields welded on for Priuses.

Depending where the crack head cuts the pipe it can run $2-3,000 to get it repaired at the dealership.

I have seen a few on Craigslist that guys are trying to sell for cheap after they were hit.

We don't have emissions testing in Hawaii so maybe I will run a straight piped prius for a while

·
Registered
21,107 Posts
^
Or TDI swap it!

Wife and I were talking about this the other day and the Prius specifically. Used to be that pickups and trucks were the popular targets for ease of access.

Thieves suck.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Are you going to quote Malcolm X at the meetings?

·
Registered
45,400 Posts
joined a high class society... :laugh: (had no idea they take a bit seriously)

Are those the guys that sell brushes door to door?

·
Registered
CarTruck
10,549 Posts
Are those the guys that sell brushes door to door?

i wish! that inheritance! just some coal miners, farmers, wwi/ii, civil, and revolutionary war fighters. My grandfather always joke we defined blue collar. i had to submit my dna and everything to mayflower ppl.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
B E E F

We split an entire cow with two other families. The ranch we worked with, Parish Beef, was amazing and so far I have been very impressed with the meat. We chose a processor in Dublin, TX not far from the ranch -- I don't know if I was more excited to go to Dublin to get some tasty Dublin Dr. Pepper or pick up the meat.

There was 159lbs of ground beef:

Which makes some tasty burgers.

One of the families that we split the cow with is from Michigan, and from what I've gathered beef prices are stupid high up there, so they took a week long road trip to visit some friends and come down here to pick up their share. While here, I also took them out to a local ranch to me (40 minutes away) that raises 100% Wagyu cows, that are grain and grass fed their whole life. It's the tastiest meat and he keeps his prices down, plus, if you buy from him direct he always hooks it up.

We picked up just a few steaks :laugh:

They were delicious.

62841 - 62860 of 63264 Posts