VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Re: post pics of your mkv tinted. (jetta v)

35%

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Re: post pics of your mkv tinted. (jetta v)

I just had mine tinted on Thursday. I had mine done 20% all the way around except for the windshield. Personally I think 20% is the perfect tint job for the Jetta anything higher and it's to light, anything lower and it's to dark. Here are some pics of mine. I just snapped these quickly so they aren't very good pics but you'll get the idea...

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
The 35% on the red GLI has me thinking I might like to have mine tinted. I had my last car tinted but just didn't see the need to do it on this one, especially since I really like the blue tint. It looks like the blue is at least somewhat maintained with 35% film, though.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Yeah. I searched for a current nationwide tint map but couldn't find one. I recall seeing one when I had my 2002 Jetta tinted, though. If I had to pull from memory, I'd say more states are closer to the 35% limit than the 20% limit.
At night, 20% will look very dark and will be difficult for law enforcement to see through in certain situations.
This past July, the state of MS put new window tint laws into place. The legal limit was declared at 35%. Within a few months, there was talk that the law had been suspended because law enforcement didn't want to comply and remove their <35% film. I haven't verified this one way or the other, but I thought it was funny nonetheless.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Re: post pics of your mkv tinted. (v_dj_w)

Quote, originally posted by v_dj_w »
Looks nice dude. I assume 20% is legal in most states as well.
Nice job !!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Thanks!
No 20% is illegal here in Georgia also. I'm just a rebel (yeah right
). I had 20% on my Beetle for 2.5 years and never had any problems. It is darker at night but you can still see out of it. I wouldn't want to go any darker than that though. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Re: (BRM10984)

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »
Yeah. I searched for a current nationwide tint map but couldn't find one. I recall seeing one when I had my 2002 Jetta tinted, though. If I had to pull from memory, I'd say more states are closer to the 35% limit than the 20% limit.
At night, 20% will look very dark and will be difficult for law enforcement to see through in certain situations.
This past July, the state of MS put new window tint laws into place. The legal limit was declared at 35%. Within a few months, there was talk that the law had been suspended because law enforcement didn't want to comply and remove their <35% film. I haven't verified this one way or the other, but I thought it was funny nonetheless.

I wish i coulda done 35%

In MN i couldnt do anything less than 50%, and you cant even tell unless your in the car driving on a dark country road

http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif MN

·
Registered
359 Posts
Re: (toop)

No way the silver car is 20%, thats like 5 or less, even 5% will see through a little on the front windows because of the big windshield letting in so much light. For the record, I'm a big fan of 20% all the way around, very clean look. 35% is legal in Louisiana though.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.