VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent raced many cars, because I just bought the vr.
I did race a lude the 93-96 or whatever model and beat it pretty bad
lets here some cars you've toasted, or not toasted, or been toasted by.

·
Banned
3,570 Posts
Re: post some kills (28)

unless you are refering to legal drag racing- you will most likely get the lock
but i did beat a gsr equipped civic hatch at the track http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: post some kills (hkk735)

we'll just say legal drag racing then.
sorry about the double post

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

dont know much about Hs and As, but i took a newer teggie.....maybe he was laughing tho???

·
Registered
21,868 Posts
Re: post some kills (98vwgti)

-Fire hydrant
-Skateboarder
-Golden Retriever
-Labatt billboard
Then I got a motor swap.
-9mm pistol shot
-The space shuttle
-Sound
-Light

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Re: post some kills (LostBoyScout)

quote:[HR][/HR]-Fire hydrant
-Skateboarder
-Golden Retriever
-Labatt billboard
Then I got a motor swap.
-9mm pistol shot
-The space shuttle
-Sound
-Light[HR][/HR]​
You really killed that Civic, eh?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Re: post some kills (GreenWeenie)

My CL ? I beat my little cousin melissa on her tricycle, but thats about it

you beat a lude ? Must of been the base S model, because the SR-Vs come stock with 170hp, and are geared for speed....should be a good race with your VR, you wouldn't kill him, itd depend on the driver.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Re: post some kills (GreenWeenie)

I beat a Porsche Turbo the other day. Blew right by that biotch while he was sittin in the left turn lane

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Re: post some kills (Lyzic)

ive uh beaten uh, i dont uh race uh oh yah on the streets...take it to the trackand ill beat most everything that runs 15.0's and higher...unless i mess up...so whatever that might be are my kills

·
Registered
5,507 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]My CL ? I beat my little cousin melissa on her tricycle, but thats about it

you beat a lude ? Must of been the base S model, because the SR-Vs come stock with 170hp, and are geared for speed....should be a good race with your VR, you wouldn't kill him, itd depend on the driver.[HR][/HR]​
Similar, except it was moped!

·
Banned
6,135 Posts
Re: post some kills (Euro Flavor)

I don't drag on the street, because it's illegal and only bad bad people do it!

In my VR6 I've taken
928 porsche
numerous civics
civic SI coupes
integra GS-R 's
integra type -R(just one)
mustang 4.6 GT
mustang 5.0 GT and LX
A few new eclipse GT V6's(too flat of a power band)
Those are just the faster of the bunch my favorite was the 928. The look on his face was priceless(I have a witness). He told me he didn't think VW's were that fast and he was impressed with the straight line 3rd gear chirp. We ran once after that and I got him again. These are all straight line too, the road courses are even more fun once you work the understeer out of the suspension on the VR6.(hint: leave the front sway bar alone and put a bigger one in back.)

·
Registered
102 Posts

I've beat a golf 4 and a 4 door civic in my 98 jetta 2.0. I beat the golf when I was already going at like 85 on the highway. The civic I beat from a light.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]My CL ? I beat my little cousin melissa on her tricycle, but thats about it

you beat a lude ? Must of been the base S model, because the SR-Vs come stock with 170hp, and are geared for speed....should be a good race with your VR, you wouldn't kill him, itd depend on the driver.[HR][/HR]​
Actually the 92 -96 ludes are not as fast as you would think. My friends 95 Vtec (fastest model 190 hp) does 0-60 at the track in 7.4 while the actual factory stats say 7.6 So all in all he probably beat him by 2 car lengths.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Re: post some kills (tagteam)

These stories are dull. Sorry to say that, but they are. Any car could beat any car with the right mods. How could you prove all this on here anyway unless you got some video of it? That said I've beaten the usual Civic, Porsche, Geo, BMW, Fiesta, McLarren...I could go on and on

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Re: post some kills (tagteam)

I dont wanna name all of them, I did JUST race a Subaru 2.5RS. I pulled up to a light and he was behind me so he jumped in the other lane and reved. I thought well okay just till the next light. So, sad to say he didnt have a good launch because I was pushing two cars between us. Jumped on the Interstate, didnt think he followed so Im doing five over limit -65mph when I see him come up quick on my arse, so I politely put it back in third he flies by I catch up (NOW this was really really amazing for my 2.0, I CAUGHT BACK UP) Next thing I know I passed him at 115mph. So, I slow down and there is a car in the right lane comming up and he THOUGHT he could cut me off, so he comes up quick again and I dropped back in third and made him punch his steering wheel, pissed off. I just gave him the thumbs up. This was all about twenty minutes ago.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Re: post some kills (JPawn1)

Base integra with like 4 indiglo gauge pods... It was funny as I was passing him. He had the bad boy look on his face, and I just grinned as I pulled past him.
Ok I was actually surprised!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]These stories are dull. Sorry to say that, but they are. Any car could beat any car with the right mods. How could you prove all this on here anyway unless you got some video of it? That said I've beaten the usual Civic, Porsche, Geo, BMW, Fiesta, McLarren...I could go on and on
[HR][/HR]​
You are right! But why would you lie? I like hearing peoples stories. Some good ones to remember " that guy racing that prelude that wrecked, and he went back and picked up a piece of it" All in all its up to you to be honest most of us are, good stories all together. I dont get out much.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Re: post some kills (Gazabomb)

quote:[HR][/HR]These stories are dull. Sorry to say that, but they are. Any car could beat any car with the right mods. How could you prove all this on here anyway unless you got some video of it? That said I've beaten the usual Civic, Porsche, Geo, BMW, Fiesta, McLarren...I could go on and on

You are right! But why would you lie? I like hearing peoples stories. Some good ones to remember " that guy racing that prelude that wrecked, and he went back and picked up a piece of it" All in all its up to you to be honest most of us are, good stories all together. I dont get out much.
[HR][/HR]​
yep, I took out a ferrari f50 with my '86 nova that I had laying around...did I mention that I also had a flat at the time

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

[HR][/HR]​
i think people that complain about the stories are dull

·
Registered
900 Posts
Re: post some kills (Gazabomb)

the only kills ive had were the Acura RSX and toyota celica
i drive a 2.0...its all about driver

the RSX is owned by my buddy, but at the time i had just recently taught him how to drive stick...so i had the fun of kicking his ass on occasion.......but now he has learned to drive a bit better
so i dont race him on straightaways...we take it to the twisties and hes afraid to push his car
the celica was a GT auto with a lousy driver as well (another friend)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.