VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend i replaced both the upper and lower chains, all guids, and what not. I got it put back togeather last night around 8:00 and started her up...

Started and idled like it was "learning" to idle like i thought it would... but it sounded like there is a slight taping and maybe a vacume line leak... also it cuts out if you try and slowly gas it up.. if you push the petal down about half way pretty quick it will rev up and hold but when you let go it dies out again...
I am gonig to grab some new plugs and hope maybe thats it...

I aslo have a pretty bad oil leak... Hoping its from the top chain cover some where... maybe near the headgagsket were the RTV may have gotten smuged....

Any one have any ideas?.. I was pretty pissed lastnight
so didnt look into the leak very hard yet...

· Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (schimt)

Quote, originally posted by schimt »
are you sure you timed the cams correctly? DId you used the alignment tool?

Yeah, I follow3ed the DIY to the letter and checked the timeing 45 times along the way.. I used the cam locking tool as well...
My thinking is that it has somthing to do with the ignition due to pulling a plug wire off while it was running and the idle didnt change... it also shocked the he11 out of me three of four time before i could let go of it ....

Only other thoult was MAF....

Oh and i had remembered to conect the ground...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.