VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Post your dynolicious / g-tech pro / g-tac A4 B5 figures here

5K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Elballoonrat 
#1 ·
dynolicious A4 B5 figures, Ipod accelerometer aka g-tech pro for $13

http://www.dynolicious.com/index.php
If you have an iphone or ipod touch load up the app(it can be torrent'd)
http://isohunt.com/torrents/dy...ho1=d
Post up your figures. I am going to try this out tonight or tomorrow.
Please include as much info as possible. If you have actual dyno sheets to compare your dynolicous figures against that would be fun to see as well.
model year
engine code
transmission type
overall tire size
wheel/tire weight
weight(even if its just a guess)

See less See more
#3 ·
Cleaned up off-topic discussion.
There is a gigantic thread on the software in the correct forum, so if you are looking for information on it please head to the Electronics and Gadgets community forum and ask them in the existing thread.
Keep the posts in here on the topic of B5s and their results please so the thread stays clean. Thanks!
edit: for ease of access for anyone who needs to ask questions or needs help, here is the thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3956575

Modified by robbyb413 at 3:38 PM 3-27-2009

#5 ·
ok.
I finally installed the program and figured it all out. I have a first gen ipod touch that I upgraded to 2.2.1 firmware. If you need to do this there are tutorials on google and youtube. If you already have 2.0 firmware the upgrade to 2.2.1 firmware is free.
The dynolicious I am using is v1.1
0-10mph 1.11sec
0-20mph 2.13sec
0-30mph 3.71sec
0-40mph 5.20sec
0-50mph 7.55sec
0-60mph 10.11sec
60' 2.84sec @ 25.3mph
330' 7.51 sec @ 49.0mph
1/8mi 11.39@64.2mph
max speed 68.9mph
max acceleration 0.90g's
Peak horsepower 166 HP
My vehicle profile on Dynolicious...
-3850lbs (2 people, lots of stuff in trunk, not exact in any way, I think curb weight for the avant is 3420lbs?)
-drivetrain loss 25%(awd)
Car info.
98.5 A4 avant 1.8liter turbo quattro manual, aeb engine
power adders:
93oct APR 557p ecu
relevant modifications and information:
hr race springs
20mm HR wheel spacers
oem sport struts
oem non sport sway bars
sport steering wheel
winter package
cd changer stereo(type? not Bose)
twingo wheels
sumitomo htr+ tires
Thats all I can think of at the moment.
This run was by no means exact. Only a starting point. I am going to have my car weighed with full tank of gas eventually and then It will be a good bit more exact.
If people start posting up there G-tac, Dynolicious, G-tech pro results we can compare our resultsd and start to fine tune our data and actually apply REAL data to how much a certain mod helps. I am going to try and find a oem 557p ecu to plug into my car and try that as well.
The run I posted was done at a local testing/proving grounds, I expect everyone on here, if you post your information, will obtain this information from a closed coarse where your actions are legal.
thats all for now. Let the games begin!

Modified by Elballoonrat at 3:38 AM 3-29-2009

Modified by Elballoonrat at 3:39 AM 3-29-2009

Modified by Elballoonrat at 3:40 AM 3-29-2009

#6 ·
on a ****ty 1 bar tune, 2.5 from downpipe back with magnaflow muffler and intake.. my car ran 15.2 according to dynalicious with a buddy in the car.
with just me in the car, stock swings, suspension, nothing in the trunk i can think of with s4 interior my car weighed 3618. I have a sedan btw.

#7 ·
Thanks for the info blacka4, it is appreciated.
If everyone can make sure they organize as much information as they can give in a easily referenced way.
so...
99.5blacka4
14.5psi(1bar)
2.5" downpipe back
intake(type/filter?)
1/4mi 15.2sec
Dynolicious profile:
3618lbs
If you don't know the weght or any exact info please don't enter it. Changing your weight by 100lbs can affect the results heavily.
thanks!

#9 ·
Re: (99.5blacka4)

I am using Dynolicious 2.1, I've had this for a long time. I used to play around with it alot. 3780 lbs. 12" rollout for 1/4 mile with .10 trigger I've gotten a 13.8 out of it with 17 lb wheels on it but usually around 14.5 My mods are K04, ATP manifold, 3" testpipe, 2.5" downpipe and exhaust, siemens 380cc, FMIC with 2.5" piping, 034 TIP, TT MAF, N75F, EVO MS intake, forge dv, unitronics at 21-23psi. This is with heavy ass 27 lb 18x8.5 summer wheels with 215 40s, an automatic, and quattro. H&R coilovers, sways, A8 fronts and S4 rears. 100lbs of noise in the trunk. I'm forgetting things also. I'll upload some runs when it stops snowing, spring is great.
I think its fairly accurate but mounting your phone is important to keep it consistent.

Modified by Awarof4 at 9:23 AM 3/29/2009

#11 ·
Re: (Elballoonrat)

Just go to the app store and update, it'll give you 2.1
I'll get some h.p. #s for you soon, I reset my phone and lost all saved data last month and haven't used it since. I have a dension ipod kit and just mount it in that cradle. The suction cup mount is supposed to be great.

Modified by Awarof4 at 10:20 AM 3/29/2009

#13 ·

Enter 0 in drive train loss category for wheel horsepower.
This is the only even way to compare with someone else. If you put 30% loss in drive train your h.p. # is going to be bigger because you are estimating crank h.p. The popular #s I've found are 25% loss for quattro(torsen) 18% loss quattro(haldex)- not our cars, 13% fwd.

Modified by Awarof4 at 2:51 PM 3/29/2009

#14 ·

Quote, originally posted by Elballoonrat »
I expect everyone on here, if you post your information, will obtain this information from a closed coarse where your actions are legal.

LOL...hahahahahahaha yes mommy
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

i just did this yesterday with my homie. i want an I phone SOOOO badly
car weighs 3420 (we have a thing out back of our local science museum that weighs buses to within 10 #s. i live 10 blocks from there. its great)

2.42 60ft
0-60 4.8 seconds
1/4 12.3

1998.5 AEB
25PSI
t3/t404E 50 trim

Modified by BIGGEE TALLS at 6:37 PM 3-29-2009

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.