VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1022 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
The GLI finished about mid-pack in overall PAX time (#36 out of 76 cars). Competed in G-stock (street tire PAX).

It has 225/45/17 Fuzion ZRi's on it - not autocross tires, but summer tires at least. Other than that, completely stock. This was also it's first event (and the drivers 7th event).

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
The GLI finished about mid-pack in overall PAX time (#36 out of 76 cars). Competed in G-stock (street tire PAX).

It has 225/45/17 Fuzion ZRi's on it - not autocross tires, but summer tires at least. Other than that, completely stock. This was also it's first event (and the drivers 7th event).
Awesome. I found the GLI quite good once I got rid of the all seasons and got on summer tires.
Are your GLIs 2012 or 2013 models? ESP full-on or limits-raised?

Any opinions on whether the "XDS" so-called limited-slip differential does much of anything?

·
Registered
231 Posts

Any opinions on whether the "XDS" so-called limited-slip differential does much of anything?
Mine is a 2012, so I can't disable the esc or traction control. Stupid Vw. Now, that being said, I found the traction control intrusive out of tight corners but I never felt the stability control activate.

I honestly can't tell if the XDS is doing anything. I've heard that adjusting it and few other things with VagCom helps but I haven't messed with it yet.

Car is stock besides, tires, ebc redstuff pads, and ATE super blue fluid.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
168 Posts

Mine is a 2013, so I turn TCS off. Apparently stability control is still active, but it didn't really bother me.

Haven't noticed XDS.

981 - 1000 of 1022 Posts