VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to test the output of the potentiometer on the flow plate according to a fault code I pulled the other day...has anyone done this? It looks like I'll need to find a male and female connection in order to test and adjust the voltage (if necessary)...sound right?

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Re: Potentiometer testing? (MorpheusMac)

use the oxygen sensor connector from a digifant car...... or was it the 2 wire connector from a 3 wire sensor from a CIS car.... I forget

then just splice the two in the middle, hook your multimeter up to the connection between the two connectors

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Re: Potentiometer testing? (MorpheusMac)

Use the three wire male/female Bosch connectors from a car that had WOT and idle switches on the TB. Wire the male/female connectors straight through- being careful to keep the pin assignments the same between them. and since you are measuring VOLTAGE, you only need to make a parallel tap from each of the three conductors.
Tom, I'm too lazy to post a 20 pager, but being familiar with your donor vehicle, I have much more to say on this. IM or email me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.