VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Pure White Volkswagen e-Golf
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow VW owners, I'm new here so I'm grateful for this community and all the knowledge y'all have posted on this site. I have a conundrum I thought I might ask about: I recently installed power-folding mirrors on my MK7.5 and after coding, nothing seems to be working. The mirrors don't fold and all I get are fault codes from passenger/driver door modules saying that the databus is missing a message, the motor for mirror fold-in is open circuit, and central locking motors are open circuit. I currently have the 5Q0959392F/393F door modules. Do I need new ones or is there any fix? Any past experience or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No assistance from your source for these mirrors? Are there any posts here for others that have installed the same mirrors from the same source?
Unfortunately, USP has no idea why my install didn't work and has not suggested any solution. The mirror itself (according to them, at least) is completely OEM but I've seen some threads here that suggest one needs a special door module to actually enable the folding mirror functionality.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, for sure you need the 5 series door modules. So xxxxxx593f and xxxxxxxx592f for example.
I just ordered them — I was hoping not to have to spend the extra $200+ but I had already installed the mirrors so it's too late to back out. Thanks for the confirmation!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I just ordered them — I was hoping not to have to spend the extra $200+ but I had already installed the mirrors so it's too late to back out. Thanks for the confirmation!
Hate to say this but, those modules were $50 on AliEx (for the pair). I have a set downstairs in a box destined for my own 2019 e-Golf SE w/DAP...

Watch HumbleMechanic's YouTube video on installing the power fold mirrors oh his Mk7.5R. He's definitely coding the 593F (highline) modules at 8:43 into the video.

Are you adding these to a 2019 e-Golf SE w/DAP?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey all, so I'm installing new door modules in my facelifted MK VII and I'm wondering exactly what has to be done to a brand new module to integrate it into the car's electronics without throwing off weird error codes. Besides long coding the old modules' code to the new one, does anyone know of any other steps to install new door modules?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hate to say this but, those modules were $50 on AliEx (for the pair). I have a set downstairs in a box destined for my own 2019 e-Golf SE w/DAP...

Watch HumbleMechanic's YouTube video on installing the power fold mirrors oh his Mk7.5R. He's definitely coding the 593F (highline) modules at 8:43 into the video.

Are you adding these to a 2019 e-Golf SE w/DAP?
It's a 2019 eGolf SE W/O DAP

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Hey all, so I'm installing new door modules in my facelifted MK VII and I'm wondering exactly what has to be done to a brand new module to integrate it into the car's electronics without throwing off weird error codes. Besides long coding the old modules' code to the new one, does anyone know of any other steps to install new door modules?
steve: installing "brand new" (meaning never used before) modules could require "paramiterization" . It really depends on how "brand-new" the module is. What can happen is that the mirror back/forth & Up/down buttons can be swapped - notwithstanding that the software switches in long-code are the same as the old module.

That's why it's always better (IMO) to source retrofit door modules from local salvage yards - because the buyer knows that the parameter-file in the module is correct for the country-of-use.

Don

1 - 10 of 10 Posts