VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I did a search...I just want a little feed back. Whats the best place/brand to get and are these things worth the money. Just wanna hear some personal experiences. Thanks

·
Banned
5,344 Posts
Re: Power Gasket Question (derschnellstemann)

new south is where to get...
it's decent, after install the intake mani is cooler than ever before.
there is a thread floating around with a guy who has his melt and block off an injector, but that sounds like installer error or something...

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Re: Power Gasket Question (turbovw18)

Quote, originally posted by turbovw18 »

there is a thread floating around with a guy who has his melt and block off an injector, but that sounds like installer error or something...

I was curious about that. No one else has seem to have that issue, but I haven't taken my mani off to check either. His melted to the point of blocking/clogging his injector... That seems pretty crazy....

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I know anyway you can reduce heat is a big plus especially for the life of the engine. And if it gives power gains thats good too.

·
Banned
5,344 Posts
Re: Power Gasket Question (judoGTI)

Quote, originally posted by judoGTI »

I was curious about that. No one else has seem to have that issue, but I haven't taken my mani off to check either. His melted to the point of blocking/clogging his injector... That seems pretty crazy....

edit:
i should be nice, the guy probably put some sort of lube to install it that retained heat and caused melting...
i installed mine bareback...

Modified by turbovw18 at 1:56 PM 5-18-2004

·
Registered
7,207 Posts

Hmm, I put some high temp gasket maker on mine..., not a lot though. Just enough to make a seal all the way around. hmmm, only time will I guess.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Re: Power Gasket Question (judoGTI)

I helped a friend of mine install his, it's been on there for about a 8 months or so now, we checked it and the bolts recently, not one issue. If you manifold is getting hot enough to melt that thing, your engine was far worse issues, because that will take a tremendous amount of heat to do so.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Re: Power Gasket Question (WindnWar)

I'm also looking to buy one of these very soon but when I do the install should you use any sealant or just go bare.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts