VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 90 2.8V6 manual. the other day I suddenly was unable to accelerate normaly. I know Im fireing all cylinders- I am able to reach desired speed, it just takes a long time to get there and with much sputtering and jerking, but rpms are pretty normal. getting up an incline is real laborious too. My guess is that I have a clogged cat. Can anyone tell me if they have had this problem and/or if I have diagnosed it correctly.

Also, if I were to gut my cats, what if any problems will I encounter (besides the obvious emissions inspection)?

· Registered
3,909 Posts
Re: POWER LOSS (duandcc)

Indeed, dump the codes.
I'm betting on oxygen sensor...
Other than the legality, no problems should arise with gutting the cats.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: POWER LOSS (billzcat1)

dont have the ability to pull codes myself yet (and no way im takin it to stealership). I decided to change my fuel filter, clean my pump filter too, change the one of my 2 O2 sensors that has about 111K on it, and gut both my cats (and of course check all my connections)...Im thinkin that hopefully, one or all of this should solve my probs....right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.