VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Re: power rear sunshade (brent0226)

I have the same car you do, and I think it would be possible, but a major pain in the ass. I guess you could get some parts off a BMW and do it...I haven't heard of anyone doing it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: power rear sunshade (DGMVW)

I got a 2002 1.8t Jetta and some features are not avaliable with the 1.8t such as the rear sunshade. I thought well it would be cool to install because it is just a straight up swap. Guess how much VW charges for the panel with the sunshade................$300!! is this thing gold plated???? needless to say I passed on the $300 non-powered sunshade.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Re: power rear sunshade (brent0226)

Just wondering... what rear sunshade??? thx.
I don't have a rear sunshade on my 03 Jetta GLS 1.8T Sedan!
(at least I think I don't have one.. unless it's hidden or something) Got pix?
-=SGI=-

·
Registered
34,109 Posts
Re: power rear sunshade (SGI)

GLX exclusive I bet.
VW Driver Gear catalog doesn't list on for the Jetta...but the Golf & GTI for about $100.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: power rear sunshade (converted_vw)

quote:[HR][/HR]GLX exclusive I bet.
[HR][/HR]​
haha that's right http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I just wish it could be power

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Re: power rear sunshade (Subhuman3)

quote:[HR][/HR]I got a 2002 1.8t Jetta and some features are not avaliable with the 1.8t such as the rear sunshade. I thought well it would be cool to install because it is just a straight up swap. Guess how much VW charges for the panel with the sunshade................$300!! is this thing gold plated???? needless to say I passed on the $300 non-powered sunshade.[HR][/HR]​
What?!! What a ripoff! You can place an order directly at any VW dealership and install it yourself. $125 for the shade. Installation takes about 30 minutes. Email me if you want a pic or part number.

[Modified by sg207ptg, 11:34 AM 11-25-2002]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts