VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just replaced all my regulators and they all work great except for the DS rear. the window will go down but not up. i pulled the motor off and tried it with the DS rear winbdow switch and the front switch in the center console and it will go down but not up even when not attached to the regulator. any idea what this problem is? motor itsealf? wire? switch?

·
Registered
605 Posts
ok i just replaced all my regulators and they all work great except for the DS rear. the window will go down but not up. i pulled the motor off and tried it with the DS rear winbdow switch and the front switch in the center console and it will go down but not up even when not attached to the regulator. any idea what this problem is? motor itsealf? wire? switch?
Check for broken wires in the accordion boot in the jamb

·
Registered
114 Posts
Fraying cable... ? usually jams trying to go up. should definitely check the wear on the steel cable itself make sure there are no crimps, strands, or any other kind of unusualness...

i think i'm reading the op's problem wrong... where are my grandpa glasses...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
late entry

yeah the problem was the motor. i hit up my local junkyard and snagged a "new" one and that fixed the issue. when the motore crapped out i guess it only 1/2 crapped lol would only spin in one direction

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.