VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brakes are the last thing i want to screw with, so i was wondering if or where (toronto) I could buy these pre-made brakelines to install, rather than attempting to make them myself. I assume they cant be that expensive.

·
Banned
5,037 Posts
Re: pre-flared / bent brakelines (marck2)

iirc you cant buy prebent brake lines only straight with the bubble flares on them,your going to have to bend them or get someone to do it for you
napa has the lines thou http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
12,189 Posts
Re: pre-flared / bent brakelines (RiegerGTB1.8t)

Autozone has straight lines you can bend yourself. One type you use with a tubing bender and the other type you can bend with your bare hands (wrap it around something curved in the radius you need it bent to). Just run some string along the line you want to duplicate and measure it out. They have a good assortment of sizes so you should be able to get it pretty close.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: pre-flared / bent brakelines (RiegerGTB1.8t)

thanks for that link, its really helpful. I found a place called "frisco autoparts" and im going to contact them tomorrow about all the required parts. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Re: pre-flared / bent brakelines (marck2)

just did the lines on my mkI and the 5 dollar bender and the bubble flare lines worked great. i didnt have to do the whole thing just rplaces the bad parts of the line. get some compression unions they will help join 2 lines together http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: pre-flared / bent brakelines (kevinmacd)

Quote, originally posted by kevinmacd »
pretty sure compression unions are not legal on brake lines
if u have inspection in your state u might get screwed not to mention they are not as safe~

Not only are they illegal but very dangerous. Brass or copper fittings just cant handle the pressure we heavy footed VW drivers use. The best way to go is to replace the entire line but if that is not up your alley then: cut, deburr, reflare, and use a union to join it to the new line. All necessary hardware can be purchased at a local Parts house.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.