VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NFC:
Rams
49'ers
Falcons
Packers
Bears
Redskins
AFC:
Raiders
Dolphins
Jets
Browns
Steelers
Ravens
Crap, I meant to put the Ravens. The Titans are rather un-titan like this year.
free vortex shirt to the person who comes closest http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by 130_R, 1:45 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Re: Predict the NFL playoffs. (130_R)

NFC
Rams
Bears
49ers
Packers
Falcons
Eagles
AFC
Dolphins
Jets
Raiders
Steelers
Ravens
Browns
130-R, good luck making it with the Titans. There is no way they will make the playoffs.

·
Registered
8,310 Posts

wow 3 AFC central teams make it, only thing is that the titans WON'T be one of them, the ravens will come back and win that division, the steelers, browns, and seahawks will get the wildcards with the jets and raiders winning their divisions
in the NFC rams, packers, bears, 49'ers (wow they're back), redskins, atlanta and wow we agree on all the NFC teams
i take my tee shirt in extra large
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
[edit] the list
afc
ravens
steelers
browns
seahawks
jets
raiders
nfc
rams
packers
bears
redskins
falcons
49'ers

[Modified by purplejettahondaeater, 3:12 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
Re: Predict the NFL playoffs. (JediGTI)

AFC:
East: Jets (already have the tiebreaker on the Dolphins and have 3 home games they should win. 3 tough road games including a season ender in Oakland. 10 or 11 wins on the season should be enough. Jets can run on Pittsburgh and will beat them in 2 weeks.)
Central: Ravens (Pitt has the Vikings who are desperate and then the Jets before going into Baltimore who will be coming off of a bye week. Next 3 weeks will let everyone know whether the Steelers are for real or will fade away again)
West: Oakland (Denver is too banged up to hang with Oakland who is fired up and may be the best team in the AFC)
Wild Cards: Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Miami.
Pitt plays Detroit and then Cinnci and may need those wins to get the wildcard. NFL schedule makers are hoping it comes down to a season ending game against Cleveland, hopefully Pittsburgh won't need that wind to make it in.
Miami finishes up with New England, Atlanta and Buffalo. They will need those wins to get in.
Denver has probably 3 more losses on their schedule. Terrell Davis is still questionable as well as most of their receivers.
Seattle doesn't score enough points.
New England only has 2 games left they can win, probably won't be enough.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Predict the NFL playoffs. (VAX97)

OK people, I need a list here. You can only qualify for the shirt if you make a list. hehe, I like making the rules as I go along

·
Registered
11,310 Posts

Jets
Ravens
Raiders
Dolphins
Browns
Steelers
NFC to follow (which will not include the Falcons
)

·
Registered
6,514 Posts

Mark my words. the patriots will go no worse than 10-6. I dont care if Hugh Millen comes back to QB the pats, their going to be a force to be reckoned with down the stretch.
Miami in December at Foxboro? In front of fans desperate for pats first postseason appearance since 98? No way the fins win that one.
In fact, the biggest hurdles look to be Jets and Browns back to back. look for T. Johnson and B. Cox back in starting lineup this weekend.
Give the patriots some freaking credit, dammit. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
Re: Predict the NFL playoffs. (Dan92SLC)

They are better than I thought a month ago, beating New Orleans was huge. I just think they don't have enough games left. For them to go 10-6 they have to win 2 out of 3 against Jets, Miami and Cleveland. That's a tall order. The Jets are coming off a bye week at home so they will be favored to win. As a Jets fan I hope they don't have a letdown agains the Pats. With some weather and Miami hurt across the offensive line that 12/22 could be a tough one for the Dolphins. Cleveland will be another tough game for the Pats. Who knows? Maybe they'll be the sleeper but I don't see them winning 4 more games, maybe they can get in with 3.

·
Registered
7,235 Posts

Those who said Pittsburgh will only make it as a wild card are out of their minds. There is no way the Ravens are going to make up the deficit. I also don't think Cleveland will make it as a wild card. As much as I hate them, I kind of wish they would make it into the post-season, but I think when you're making a big deal out of beatig Cincinnati, there's something wrong. I predict they'll be out of the picture in three weeks.
T.C.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Re: Predict the NFL playoffs. (collins_tc)

JFC!! How can you people be seriously picking the Eagles to NOT make the playoffs? This thread is a joke for the pure ignorance of those 2 posters. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
Re: Predict the NFL playoffs. (PhillyGirl)

Philly is not a lock to get in. The last 4 games are all looking tough. Skins still have Arizona twice and the Saints who seem to be fading. The Giants may be all done which bodes well for the Eagles. Eagles last 4 games:
@Washington
@San Fran
Giants
@Tampa
Giants may be the easiest out of the 4 but the Eagles can't win at home! If the Skins beat Dallas this week the Eagles game in DC will be a war. San Fran is rolling and Tampa might be fighting to get in. Philly will be tested. If I was to bet I'd bet they make it in based on their defense. I wouldn't bet a lot though.

·
Registered
23,018 Posts
Re: Predict the NFL playoffs. (finley)

My God...I actually agree with finley. I'd sooner bet on the Saints making the playoffs than the Eagles. The Saints showed what one wasted first-round pick can do. McAllister (and the Saints special teams as a whole) haven't been nearly as good this season as last season, and the offense looks to be too simplistic. Albert Connell's a waste of a roster spot...I have no idea why they signed him. Sammy Knight's play has been the only bright spot this season, and he'll likely be the only Saint in the Pro Bowl. So far, it looks like the Saints and the Bucs are the only teams that can do anything against the Rams. Odd that they can force turnovers against the best offensive team in the league and can't do all that much against teams that supposedly struggle offensively. That's another team in the NFC that's been disappointing this season.
Best surprises this season? The Falcons and the 49ers. The NFC West has become the best division in the NFC and the NFC Least has gotten even worse. It'll be an NFC West team in the Super Bowl this year...and in a perverse way, I'm hoping it's the Rams (even though I can't stand their egos and their secondary still isn't up to snuff). AFC will likely be the Steelers or the Raiders. Ravens are too incosistent and the Titans, for lack of a better word, SUCK.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Re: Predict the NFL playoffs. (SchrickVR6)

AFC
Pittsburgh
Oakland
Miami
New York
New England
Baltimore
NFC
St Louis
Chicago
Philly
San Fran
Green Bay
Arizona
you may laugh, but look at the rest of their schedule:
(Washington, @NYG, Dallas, @Carolina, @Washington)
If they can split w/ Wash and win the rest, and it's possible, they will be in.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Re: Predict the NFL playoffs. (JediGTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'll just say the Bears will be there somewhere...[HR][/HR]​
The bears will be in the Super Bowl (Brian Urlacher)

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
Re: Predict the NFL playoffs. (finley)

quote:[HR][/HR]You would bet on the Eagles? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL[HR][/HR]​
Slightly better bet than the Skins, Giants, Cardinals or Dallas. Slightly.

·
Registered
171 Posts

ravens and bears in the super bowl.ravens will win! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Re: Predict the NFL playoffs. (EURO-PN)

Rams.
The Ravens still have to pay for Ray Lewis' crimes...
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Re: Predict the NFL playoffs. (Belfi)

NFC:
Chicago
Green Bay
Philadelphia
San Francisco
St. Louis
Washington