VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,133 Posts

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
When I take my two year old places, I definitely want to haul his car seat to the curb, take 5 minutes to put it in the Lyft, then go to my destination, spend time unhooking the car seat, and then carry it around with me for the day.

Then I get to repeat the process on the way home.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I think the premise makes a lot of sense for most people in big cities. Not sure how well it would work in the 'burbs - if I have to wait 10 minutes outside in the middle of winter waiting for a car to show up it's a non-starter for me.

When I take my two year old places, I definitely want to haul his car seat to the curb, take 5 minutes to put it in the Lyft, then go to my destination, spend time unhooking the car seat, and then carry it around with me for the day.
No reason they couldn't have a subset of the fleet with car seats. Or even different cars specifically designed around transporting children (or dogs, or ...).

I personally look forward to the day when I can order a drone delivery of a loaner lawnmower or an engine hoist, so I don't have to keep that **** in my garage all the time. :D

·
Registered
807 Posts
Personally, I keep the interior of my car SPOTLESS. I've seen how other people treat their vehicles- like a rolling trash can. Why the heck would I want to get rid of my own car so that I can be chauffeured around in something that will resemble a public port-a-john in no time? to save a few dollars? No thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts