VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I recently picked up a pressure washer for my house but I also want to use it to clean the cars. It is a 3000psi washer. Is this safe for use on the car paint? Also if it is good to use is there a foam cannon that would work best? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Well, I've been using 3,200psi for about 17 years in my detail shop. It's all about the tip you use and how careful you are. Can you do damage? Oh yes, in a hurry. But be careful, know your equipment and your boundaries. To this day, I have not once (knocks on wood), done any damage to a clients vehicle, boat, airplane, ATV, RV or trailer. I use a $44 ebay foam cannon, has all brass hardware and adjustable spray pattern with variable suction flow for better metering control- so far has been going strong for nearly 5 years.

·
Registered
17 Golf Sportwagen S 4motion
189 Posts
Well, I've been using 3,200psi for about 17 years in my detail shop. It's all about the tip you use and how careful you are. Can you do damage? Oh yes, in a hurry. But be careful, know your equipment and your boundaries. To this day, I have not once (knocks on wood), done any damage to a clients vehicle, boat, airplane, ATV, RV or trailer. I use a $44 ebay foam cannon, has all brass hardware and adjustable spray pattern with variable suction flow for better metering control- so far has been going strong for nearly 5 years.
What tip sizes would you typically use washing cars. What size would you say is no go with your 3200 psi machine?

Just got a 2800psi gas unit. Would you have any tips for how to test the boundaries without risking a car

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
What tip sizes would you typically use washing cars. What size would you say is no go with your 3200 psi machine?

Just got a 2800psi gas unit. Would you have any tips for how to test the boundaries without risking a car
Tips might depend on the unit you purchased. I have used a 2800 unit for years. I wash the car and most things with the white tip that was included. Mine were color coded. From least (white) to most aggressive tip (red) For foam cannon, I bought one from chemical brothers years ago. Paid too much. I have buddies that bought amazon ones and have been using them about the same time with no issues. Most paid around 30 bucks for the ones they got

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.