VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose it might be a good time to stock up because I noticed the prices are going up quite a bit from the last time I bought oil and filters. I typically buy through ECS because they have a good selection..

Anyway, I noticed this difference on the motor oils and filters I use on ECS website.

MKIV and VII Oils I use.
Pento High Performance II Engine Oil (5w-40)
Was $34.27 in Jan 2020
Is now $36.95
Modest Price increase. I can deal with this.

Liqui Moly / Leichtlauf High Tech Engine Oil (5w-40)
Was $37.60 May 2021
Is now $40.64
Marginal Price increase in 5 months.

MK VII Oil Filter
Was $6.95 in January of 2020
Is now $13 Filter! That's almost DOUBLE!

Mann MKIV Oil Filter
Was $6.00 May 2020
Is now $9.47 Filter

So, appears the biggest price increase was on the filters. I'm just curious if anyone else is noticing these price increases? I would imagine it's due the supply chain bottlenecks and increasing price of oil. Not sure why the filters are going up so much though? Call me cheap but I would like to stock up on a few things that are going to continue to go up.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Pretending that democrats are responsible for the monetary policy of cutting interest and tax rates to the point where national interest rates are negative while real wages haven't scaled with inflation since Reagan was in office and that it wouldn't eventually catch up and cause a massive market correction is hilarious.

And that's while ignoring supply chain disruptions that can pretty squarely be blamed by the absolute bungling of the pandemic response by the previous administration combined with the (obviously left wing) corporate strategy of JIT retailing and LEAN manufacturing.

·
Registered
23,309 Posts
Oh no no no. You can't blame El cheeto either. This has been an erosion for decades.

You need to look around you, we all do, and stop pointing the finger at any one but ourselves.

We're here because we did this to ourselves over and over. We put many things in motion to get here many many many years ago.

Dem and Rep are two sides to a ****ty coin of idiocy. I do fully believe the dems are the greater of 2 evils but(not by much lol), the entirety of congress is the idiocy of the American populace and our lack of critical thinking, logic, common sense and our deep greed and lust for meaningless things, selfishness, and need for status.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
Reactions: gli87jetta
1 - 9 of 9 Posts