VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to work in Michigan for the next two years. Now I'm searching for a car. I found on the Volkswagen page, that the Touareg V6 is really a good and cheap car.
The price of m selected Touareg would be 40.000$ MSRP. But I found out, that I have to add taxes and some other costs. What is now the price I can get such a car?
Kind regards
Hannes

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Price Touareg in Michigan (VDUBdreaming)

Thank you for your information. So I only have to add 6% and that's the end price.
Insurance and annual tax for driving is the same as in Europe. How high is the insurance for such a car? What packages of insurance doyou get?

· Registered
1,056 Posts
Re: Price Touareg in Michigan (Hannes)

Insurance varies so much from person to person, company to company, state to state, city to city that it is impossible to predict what you would pay. What can be said is the Touareg is not particularly expensive to insure. My insurance company treats it as a van, and assumes that it won't be driven aggressively.
As far as price is concerned, do not pay MSRP. For a V6, you shouldn't pay more than $500 under invoice. Edmunds.com or other sites will give you an idea of what the invoice should be, though they are usually a little lower than what the dealers work with.

· Registered
2,674 Posts
Re: Price Touareg in Michigan (Hannes)

Quote, originally posted by Hannes »
I'm going to work in Michigan for the next two years. Now I'm searching for a car. I found on the Volkswagen page, that the Touareg V6 is really a good and cheap car.
The price of m selected Touareg would be 40.000$ MSRP. But I found out, that I have to add taxes and some other costs. What is now the price I can get such a car?
Kind regards
Hannes

You sure they even sell "foreign" cars in Michigan? I've been there on business trips a few times over the past couple of months and all I see are GMs and Fords! LOL! Just kidding. But seriously I see very few non-American vehicles over there. Needless to say I haven't seen a Treg over there yet

· Registered
1,327 Posts
Re: Price Touareg in Michigan (TCinOC)

Quote, originally posted by TCinOC »

You sure they even sell "foreign" cars in Michigan? I've been there on business trips a few times over the past couple of months and all I see are GMs and Fords! LOL! Just kidding. But seriously I see very few non-American vehicles over there. Needless to say I haven't seen a Treg over there yet.

Okemos, Michigan

Modified by zyklon at 8:55 PM 1-22-2004

· Registered
537 Posts
There are at least three
Zyklon and I both have Shadow Blue and I've seen a black one cruising around my area!
The Metro Detroit area drivers overwhelmingly purchase American made cars. Maybe it has something to do with being a Union Big Three employee?
However, in the more affluent areas Japenese and German cars can be found in abundance.
Hannes - if you are going to be in the SE Michigan area I highly recommend Fox VW in Rochester Hills. Contact Rick Kellogg. All of the info can be found at http://www.fox.vwdealer.com/en...chtml

Modified by VW-Newbie at 8:48 AM 1-23-2004

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.