VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current Passat TDI owner, Future Audi Q7 owner here :D, looking to start a post similiar to the others on these forums on prices paid to help us all make sure we are getting a good deal on our new vehicle.

Since most people's total OTD price by itself is kind of worthless to some one in another city/state, please post the breakup of the pricing as follows. You can always add other items if you have a better breakup. The important items are the trim, options, and negotiated price before any taxes and fees.

If you had a trade in, please be sure to mention the trade-in value of your vehicle you are trading in.

Trim: Premium/Premium Plus/Prestige
Options/Add-ons: i.e. Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, etc.
MSRP: $xx,xxx.xx
Negotiated Price: $xx,xxx.xx
Destination: $xxx.xx
Doc Fees: $xxx.xx
Taxes: $x,xxx.xx
Tags: $xxx.xx
Less Trade-In: $xx,xxx.xx

Total OTD: $xx,xxx.xx

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will tell you that Audi marks up all of their new cars by 6%. So the MSRP is the invoice+6%. In order to get a really good deal, you need to be around that invoice price. I have rarely seen them go under invoice for any car unless it is a year previous model or they have had it in their inventory for a few months. If you are a current Audi owner, you can get invoice plus any Audi loyalty incentives, so that will dip you under that invoice amount.

When I am buying a new car, I go to all three dealerships in my area. I talk them down to invoice and then get it in writing. I then go to the dealer that I prefer and show them the offer. They usually give me $500 off of invoice if it is a standard car if it is an S model they call security. haha. I have done that with the last three Audi's that I have owned and I am always pleased with the over-all price and experience.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I just got a prestige for the price of a premium. 120 control modules? I am in for an interesting ride!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Don't forget to become an Audi of North America member before you go buy a new vehicle... Once you come to an agreement on the price, show them that you are a member... 6% off

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Don't forget to become an Audi of North America member before you go buy a new vehicle... Once you come to an agreement on the price, show them that you are a member... 6% off
The official rules of that program is just 6% MSRP which can be had for anyone.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just negotiated a Certified 2017 Q7 deal! It was a lease from 1 owner, key for key trade, $0 spent for Everything (including admin or doc or PA registration fees)...

Trim: Premium Plus

Options/Add-ons: ALL! Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Warm Weather Package, 20" wheels, Bose 3D Upgraded Audio, Towing package, Roof rack, Vision Package, All weather floor mats

MSRP: $70k sticker new, KBB value = $35,550 w 58k miles (middle of fair price range).
Negotiated Price: $33k
Destination: $0
Doc Fees: $0
Taxes: $0
Tags: $0
Less Trade-In: $33k (2018 JEEP Wrangler, JL Sahara w options worth $32k kbb trade in at 6k miles).

Total OTD: $0 (exactly $0 as key for key trade)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts