VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Decided to sell my GTI VR6 6-spd. Color is Tornado Red with Gray Leather Interior, It has 10,500 miles on it. All options,
I've installed Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks , Nuespeed Front and Rear sway bar , Milltek exhaust ,
H&R Sport Springs , Eurosport Cold air kit ( No other mods to engine), W8 Overhead lightning.
I was planning on driving the car for a couple of years to and from work, then give it to my daughter to drive when she turned 16, she's 14 now. I've been divorced for 10 yrs and she has lived with me since the divorce, just recently, she has decided to live with her mother for a while, so I don't need 4 vehicles. The car is in excellent shape, never road raced, Drag raced, just highway miles.
What do you think I should do, sell it with the mod's installed or take them off and sell the car without it? What do you think my asking price should be? I hate to trade it in, I don't really need another vehicle since I have 3 others.
Anybody know someone who wants to buy a GTI, this would be a great deal?
tks

Modified by DLsGTIVR6 at 6:18 PM 5-25-2004

·
Premium Member
'21 S60 T8R,'05 Evo VIII MR,'21 M2 6MT
3,233 Posts
I'd remove all mods, then put the car for sale in the newspaper/internet. Modifications lower the value of the car, as you are percieved as someone who abuses the car. As for pricing, get the local newspaper, look at places such as cars.com and see what others are selling theirs for, and go from there

·
Registered
100 Posts
wow....that would be the sweetest birthday present ever! since she is movin with her mom she dun get the car now, eh?? sad decision heh

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Jirmany)

I bought the car to give her when she turned 16 or 17 depending on her grades, attitude, etc. I wasn't bribeing her to stay with me by buying her a car. If she doesn't want to live with me anymore and move in with her mother, I'm not mad at her. I'm not kissing her butt for her to stay with me.
I bought the car because I was traveling with my former job and got paid mileage. I changed jobs and am not traveling anymore and my daughter said she is going to live with her mother for awhile, so I don't need the GTI. My other vehicles are a 97 Lexus ES300 34k miles, 01 Ford Lightning truck 20 K , 81 Toyota Pickup ( Restored to like new). I have 3 other vehicles to drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts