VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought an 03 gli vr6 (i'm new to vw, and this forum). i couldn't find in the book if after market cat-back exhausts void the factory warranty. i want to get in on the group buy for the new GHL xhaust, but i have a feeling this is going to void my warranty. and i also wanted to know the same thing for cold-air kits. i havent even driven this sucker yet, so i don't want to throw away my warranty just yet. thanks, i look forward to learning a lot about my new car here.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Re: Probably a dumb question about new car warranty (clark w. griswold)

You will hear a million stories. People have farted in their car and when the seat warmers burned the leather it was the fart that did it, not the seat design. Some people have cats, CAI, etc and run into no problems with warranty at all. Some have had problems and bit it entirely. Someones low mile engine just blew and they blamed his CAI, can't remember but I think he had cat back too.
Dealer makes a big difference. Law however states that they must prove that the aftermarket part caused the damage. They don't think you will go the distance to prove it didn't cause it. Think wisely. And ask in the MK4 section.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Probably a dumb question about new car warranty (Scirocco)

Quote, originally posted by Scirocco »
You will hear a million stories. People have farted in their car and when the seat warmers burned the leather it was the fart that did it, not the seat design.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

thanx sirocco. i think ill ask my dealer when i go up there in the next couple of weeks...my salesguy was pretty cool, so i'm hoping i'm not gonna run into problems. i'll prolly just end up doing it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: Probably a dumb question about new car warranty (clark w. griswold)

Welcome to the Vortex Clark
If you lived here in Hawaii, a cat-back or a CAI would void your warranty and would also make it impossible to get a safety check.
...This state and their stupid arse laws
Hopefully we will be moving to Vegas soon.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Probably a dumb question about new car warranty (Jetta2.show)

Quote, originally posted by Jetta2.show »
Welcome to the Vortex Clark

thanx buddy. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Quote »
Hopefully we will be moving to Vegas soon.

i hear moving there is a real gamble.

(okay, you've heard it
)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts