VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Please forgive me; bet this question has already been asked but I can’t seem to find helpful answers.

I had the R32 brakes installed on my older 2006 mk5 GTI and they were working fine. I bought another Mk5 GTI and tried installing the R32 brakes but I’m yet to get any luck.

The brake pedal sinks to the flow, brakes are extremely soft and the vehicle doesn’t stop moving even with the pedal to the ground. I’ve done intensive bleeding using a Pressure Bleeding tool but still no success.

i think the calipers are bad. Any advice…?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Stuck caliper likely. There are rebuild kits available, if the bore is still good you may want to look at rebuilding them.

·
Registered
10,046 Posts
"The brake pedal sinks to the flow, brakes are extremely soft and the vehicle doesn’t stop moving even
with the pedal to the ground. I’ve done intensive bleeding using a Pressure Bleeding tool but still no success."

How does a stuck caliper cause the pedal to go to the floor and you have no braking at all? What are the other 2 or 3 calipers doing not providing braking.

·
Registered
2008 VW Rabbit, MT, 3-door
175 Posts
The brake pedal sinks to the flow, brakes are extremely soft and the vehicle doesn’t stop moving even with the pedal to the ground. I’ve done intensive bleeding using a Pressure Bleeding tool but still no success.
How was the brake before the job?

If the pedal sinks, do you see any fluid loss?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I installed the stock brakes and they work just fine. I think the problem is with the Brake Calippers.
Random questions,

What happens if you pump the brakes?

Are you using the right pads?

Can you verify the pistons move?

Your symptoms sound a lot like when the MC in my other car gave up the ghost.
But you said if you put the old brakes back on they work fine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts