VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last few days I notice that when I turn on the Headlight, the A/C controls won't light up, I tried few times to off the headlight and on again, still nth happen
what should I do? Anyone can help me?

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: Problem on A/C controls light (Haroharo)

Common issue- the bulb has burned out behind the panel. All you need to do is pull the center knob straight off with needle nose pliers padded with a towel so not to gouge the knob itself. Once you get that off, you should be able to see the bulb back there that needs replaced- it is just one bulb to light all three knobs. I'm not sure of the bulb size, but you can go to any auto parts store and find out what it is. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
471 Posts

Same thing happened to me also. I thought the bulbs were out but for some reason when I was getting ready to replace them, they came back on and stayed ever since.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

any idea what is the model of the bulb?
Is that possible I can buy it @ Crappy Tire? or I have to back to VW dealer?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I have tried to take the AC unit out yesterday, but seem bulb seem to be LED

did i need to replace the whole AC unit or there is a way to replace the bulb?
thx

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
change the bulb behind the middle ac knob mine was doing the same thing then i would hit a bump and it would turn back on !

·
Registered
6,948 Posts

I think this a common problem for vw owners. My ac lights went out within the first year of owning the car. I had my dealer do the repair for $65 + oil change

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (DIRTYONE)

anyone know any site or have a pic of how to remove and replace the bulb?
I have bought a Bentley but it is not yet arrive, now I can't adjust the A/C at night time since it is all dark

·
Registered
11,330 Posts
Re: (neu318)

Yeah, or just get 1/4" tubing from Home Depot and use that to wrap around the bulb and pull out. The bulb is available at your stealership for $1.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I"m having the same problem but then the lights come back on. Its like it works when it feels like it. any thoughts?

·
Registered
11,330 Posts
Re: (wug)

Just means the bulb is about to burn out soon. Sometimes, these bulbs will burn out at once... sometimes they will not work at times until finally it completely burns out.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Re: (phattydre)

the bulb is NOT and LED. I believe it is a standard 194 bulb, clear. The amber lighting of the AC controls is caused by theway they are backlit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts