VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My golf gauge cluster quit working about 6 months ago.
Basically, it works intermitently, about 10% of the time. The other 90% only the fuel, coolant gauges work and the rmp, and speedo lay idle. I havent taken the dash apart myself yet to investigate the wiring. Ive been told by my local VW dealship over the phone that I need to replace it completely. Which is fine, but Im just curious to what knowledge you guys might have on the subject?
Also, would a mk3 GTI gauge cluster be compatable to swap?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Re: Problem with 95 Golf Sport gauge cluster... please help? (mk4GTi18tizzle)

I have a similar problem with mine. The speedometer works about 10% of the time and the temp gauge reads a little high. A mechanic told me to replace it since the speed sensor and temp sensors are good.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top