VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's 2010 Jetta SE had a stuck key. It would go into the ignition but not turn to the start position. I ordered a replacement lock housing (it came with the ignition switch attached). I removed the old ignition lock cylinder and installed it on the new lock housing. The key now turns fine but the car starts for about 1 second then stops (the No Key indicator lights). I thought if the ignition chip was in the key and ignition lock cylinder (the original one that has worked on the car since new) that using the same key and ignition lock cylinder would not cause a problem. Do I have to also use the original ignition switch? Or what am I missing?

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Turn the key to the on position with everything turn off leave it for 30 min. put a battery charger on it so the battery stays charged, see it that resolves the issue. If you have a scan tool use to see what dtc you exactly have.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turn the key to the on position with everything turn off leave it for 30 min. put a battery charger on it so the battery stays charged, see it that resolves the issue. If you have a scan tool use to see what dtc you exactly have.
Thanks so much. It worked. You saved me. What did that do? Just curious.

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Glad it worked for you sometimes it does and at others times it does not and you have to visit the dealer. It seem that sometimes it loses synchronization.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts