VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went to my friends house to get her dad to help me with fixing the vent rattle. We looked at the fix on here and proceeded to disassemble the piece. Well while pulling off the front grey piece the front vent covers, the directional bars fell out. TWO HOURS later we could not get the thing back together.
I'm thinking of going and telling the dealer i accidently hit it when i was reaching to my glove box. I'm really at a loss.
And the vent still vibrates.!!!
please.. any advice.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: PROBLEM!!!!! (bauhaus177)

Quote, originally posted by bauhaus177 »
So i went to my friends house to get her dad to help me with fixing the vent rattle. We looked at the fix on here and proceeded to disassemble the piece. Well while pulling off the front grey piece the front vent covers, the directional bars fell out. TWO HOURS later we could not get the thing back together.
I'm thinking of going and telling the dealer i accidently hit it when i was reaching to my glove box. I'm really at a loss.
And the vent still vibrates.!!!
please.. any advice.

Post a WTB ad in the classifieds asking if anyone has one they want to sell. I know some folks have changed the black pieces out for grey pieces from a 2005.5 Jetta.
Rather, do anything but go to the dealer and lie to get your mistakes fixed. You're only driving up costs for the rest of us by cheating warranty repairs.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts

You're talking about the piece with the two vents and that holds the hazard lamp switch, right?

·
Registered
42,789 Posts

Quote, originally posted by bauhaus177 »
i'm sorry to keep bugging you, at that price itd be a great buy but do u have any pictures of that installed?

I don't have any right now. I can get some for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.