VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
Here is the problem. I have a 2001 Jetta. I have a Giac 1.1bar chip, and a turbo-back exhaust, a drop in filter. With a couple more little mods, but thats it for the engine. After i got the chip put in, i had a real bad surging problem. Just like always VWVORTEX helped me solve the problem. (it used to surge on every gear about 4 times) I moved my N75 value to 1-2o'clock and it helped out massively. But there is still little bit of surging going on. I think that i lost power when i changed the N75 value to 1o'clock. So thats why i dont want to move it more over. Also im scared that i might brake the value. Whats the problem? What can i do to run full power and stop surging???
Thank You

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Re: Problem (White1.8Turbo)

get a hold of a vagcom and see what kind of PSI you are running... block 115.... if you spike17-20psi and then settle right around 15psi you are running right about where you are supposed to be...
it seems like our car's ecu is set to not let the psi exceed a certain limit which seems to be around 17psi plus or minus.... if it does the ecu knocks it down to a level below that...
so in many cases if you are surging it is because you were making more boost than the car will allow....not to mention if you are running much higher than 15psi towards redline you are out of the efficiency range of the k03 turbo which COULD have an adverse effect on it...
also do some block 118 runs with the vagcom to see how close the actual boost is to the spec boost.... if the two lines follow each other closely then your car is probably running just the way it is supposed to...
i had the same problem with over boost in my car ... i have the giac 1.1bar chip as well and i fixed the surging problem with a new n75 valve from the dealer ($95)... i was also overboosting because of a sticking dv... i was holding 20 psi until 4500rpm...
good luck,
James

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot . that helps alot.. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

I have a turbo xs diviter value. Should i change it??

[Modified by White1.8Turbo, 9:32 PM 5-30-2002]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts