VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to buy a new VR-6 with the new engine and 6-speed manual. However, I'm a little scared. I have a 2000 VR-6 GLX with everything. My mass air flow sensor went out at 25k and both window regulators have been replaced and my passenger window "bonked" again the other day.
The wait for the "metal" clips to fix the regulator problem is 6-8 weeks in Tucson. A new mass air flow sensor costs $364.00 installed. VW of Tucson is hard to deal with. Since they are the only VW dealer in town. I don't see why VW of NA won't just have a recall of the window regulators and fix all mass air flow sensors regardless of mileage. These cars cost plenty, and there's nothing worse than having a $350.00 monthly car payment and shelling out more money when your car is only a couple of years old with 30k mileage.
I love German cars "especially BMW's" but dealing with their service people is very unpleasant and difficult. Maybe the new Accord coup: 240hp. At least the Japanese help their customers with these kind of issues. Actually, they don't have these kind of issues on two year old cars. I always thought the customer was right. I may defect. But I love V-6 power and torque.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Re: Problems that should be recalls but aren't (dirkpitt)

Accord powerplant http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Accord styling http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

The sedan looks like a saturn in the back
And the coupe looks like a hybrid civic in the front, with wanna be s500 tailights
But the powerplant is finally coming around with the v-6 teamed to the six speed

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: Problems that should be recalls but aren't (Hurleysurf24)

I agree. The sad thing is you loose either way. Buy a nice looking VW and not get any sleep due to Window Regulators, Monsoon Stereo System, Bad Armrest Clips, Bad Driver Seat Rails. Or you can get a Honda which looks like a Toyota,Mirage and whole bunch of other crap and sleep with ease not worrying about the windows falling down because of the known issue, that they refuse to do a recall on. Go Figure!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Re: Problems that should be recalls but aren't (DaBrown)

I have had my window regulators go, which in turn scratched my tint...
Now My arm rest switchymathingy broke.....
And the customer service has been horrible...
But my brother got a new toyota truck and they scratched the paint when it was in for service. They said they fixed it twice and on his third trip he ended getting into a shoving match with the GM.
VW Service Director just got in my face but then said he would pay for the tint. But Toyota told my brother they were going to have him arrested....LOL

·
Registered
107 Posts

Recalsl are only done for safety issues. That goes for pretty much any car. If it wont kill you or causde you to kill someone then its not gonna be recalled. Its much cheaper for them to just repair as they break and deal with upset customers then do a mass recall.
If it was a life threatening issue liek say the car tended to explode in a crash then they have to worry about lawsuits, but even they it depends on how often it might happen.
Its sucks, but thats corporate buisness

·
Registered
715 Posts

Go to http://www.planetfeedback.com and write letters!! It's a Web site that puts the power of the form letter in the hands of the consumer, and they have gotten great results.
I know, I used to work there. Really, it sounds corny, but they deliver your complaint letter to the right person at VW, and then they actually follow up for you! Best of all, it's FREE.
I and many others have gotten cash back, vouchers, or other similar forms of compensation. At the very least VW knows a third party is watching, and that should help get them to move. If they don't, planetfeedback would be more than happy to make an example of them....

·
Banned
6,488 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm wanting to buy a new VR-6 with the new engine and 6-speed manual. However, I'm a little scared. I have a 2000 VR-6 GLX with everything. My mass air flow sensor went out at 25k and both window regulators have been replaced and my passenger window "bonked" again the other day.
The wait for the "metal" clips to fix the regulator problem is 6-8 weeks in Tucson. A new mass air flow sensor costs $364.00 installed. VW of Tucson is hard to deal with. Since they are the only VW dealer in town. I don't see why VW of NA won't just have a recall of the window regulators and fix all mass air flow sensors regardless of mileage. These cars cost plenty, and there's nothing worse than having a $350.00 monthly car payment and shelling out more money when your car is only a couple of years old with 30k mileage.
I love German cars "especially BMW's" but dealing with their service people is very unpleasant and difficult. Maybe the new Accord coup: 240hp. At least the Japanese help their customers with these kind of issues. Actually, they don't have these kind of issues on two year old cars. I always thought the customer was right. I may defect. But I love V-6 power and torque.[HR][/HR]​
I would say you should buy something else. If what you want is day in/day out boring, then buy the Japanese car. I you don't appreciate interiors made from quality materials, then buy the Japanese car. Good luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: Problems that should be recalls but aren't (NC-GTI)

Yes You said it right. For excitement try taking your brand new car in for minor things without receiving a loaner or maybe having your windows tinted is the cause for a known window regulator issue. Or by the Japanese and sleep tight at night. You may also get a lemon as well with a Honda or any other Japanese. But your chances are far greater with VW.

·
Registered
14 Posts

What's the deal with the Bad Driver Seat Rails???
I have this weird thing where the driver seat makes a thump sound when I accelerate. Is this a Bad Driver Seat Rail?? If so, I need to know cause I have a 2 year warranty, and if I'm going to get it fixed, I need to do it now rather than later (when I have to pay for it)..

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Re: Problems that should be recalls but aren't (HiroP1.8T)

quote:[HR][/HR]What's the deal with the Bad Driver Seat Rails???
I have this weird thing where the driver seat makes a thump sound when I accelerate. Is this a Bad Driver Seat Rail?? If so, I need to know cause I have a 2 year warranty, and if I'm going to get it fixed, I need to do it now rather than later (when I have to pay for it).. [HR][/HR]​
I'd like to know too. Although I'm out of warrenty, it's making me nuts!

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Re: Problems that should be recalls but aren't (volks25)

quote:[HR][/HR]What's the deal with the Bad Driver Seat Rails???
I have this weird thing where the driver seat makes a thump sound when I accelerate. Is this a Bad Driver Seat Rail?? If so, I need to know cause I have a 2 year warranty, and if I'm going to get it fixed, I need to do it now rather than later (when I have to pay for it)..
I'd like to know too. Although I'm out of warrenty, it's making me nuts!
[HR][/HR]​
ditto... I want to know too... and how they fix that exactly? do they replace the seat? or do you get a new rail? or what

·
Registered
219 Posts
Re: Problems that should be recalls but aren't (Rave'nGTi)

I love German cars "especially BMW's" but dealing with their service people is very unpleasant and difficult. Maybe the new Accord coup: 240hp. At least the Japanese help their customers with these kind of issues. Actually, they don't have these kind of issues on two year old cars. I always thought the customer was right. I may defect. But I love V-6 power and torque

Stop talking and do it then God all i see is complaining latley

and when you get beat by a VW dont come back and say I dont like Hondas their crap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts