VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a problem with their "mix" setting on the climate control??
When on the mix setting, I get NO air/heat to the foot vents. But, when setting is on the foot vents there are no problem. The air flows just fine. The dealership said there is nothing they can do and if I want a mix, I should tweak the dial a little towards the foot setting. Does anyone else have this problem?? Thanks for your input.

· Registered
578 Posts
Re: Problems with manual climate control (rpm-passat)

Your manual has very detailed explainations about which vents flow from which switch position. I suggest one of two things, follow the recommendation you have to tweak the position of the knob, or close some of the top vents thus having more air for the floor.

· Registered
578 Posts
Re: Problems with manual climate control (rpm-passat)

OK after thinking about this again I have another thought. When ever there is a mechanical cable (such as here) there is often a "fixed" end and a "variable" end. It has to be this way because of the variances and stiffness in a steel cable. As an example the e-brake, it is a steel cable and has and adjustment on one end. On a bicycle, the hand brakes and the gear shifters, the same thing. Following this logic then, one end of the manual climate control cable "should" be adjustable. I suspect that your's is out of alignment so to speak. However, I would also guess that most dealers wouldn't want to mess with something this trivial.
If there's someone out there with a decent manual and pics, it would be interesting to verify this. And hopefull show you a method in which you could tweak the control so that mix = mix and not something else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.