VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get the APR trial next weekend! Had a couple questions so please bare with me. I know this has been posted a million times before. Search Yielded nothing.
Ok. will the stock program be sluggish after the demo? I heard people complaining about not having 20tAE software afterwards
thanx

· Registered
1,757 Posts
Re: Problems with Stock Mode after Trial? (Djmanrc)

Heres my suggestion on the topic. Most people who buy a chip never again really drive there car in stock mode. With the exception of pulling into the dealership lot it just doesn't really happen. Yes I have heard that with REvo it reverts to a generic stock code if you will but don't know if this is true. If you have a boost gauge you would be able to tell before and after. Also as far as the trial goes I wouldn't get the trial until you have the money saved for the chip. You are not gonna want to go from chipped to nothing.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanx everybody. You all are really helpful. Being one of the younger guys on this forum, I'm sometimes afraid to post in fear of getting flamed, but thanx to everyone for being to kind to a young'n like me

· Registered
711 Posts
Re: Problems with Stock Mode after Trial? (Djmanrc)

I had my REVO trial end last week and now am running stock mode.. From the feel, can't really tell how fast the old stock was compared to the reverted stock mode from the chip.. All i know is once u go chipped, you'll never go back.. So instead of worrying about lose of performance in stock mode, just get the full chip!
d i l e m m a h

· Registered
1,466 Posts
Re: (Djmanrc)

Quote, originally posted by Djmanrc »
Hey thanx everybody. You all are really helpful. Being one of the younger guys on this forum, I'm sometimes afraid to post in fear of getting flamed, but thanx to everyone for being to kind to a young'n like me

I would not be afraid to ask questions in fear of getting "flamed". In my opinion there is no stupid question to ask. Just use the search before you ask any question, especially if it has to do with which intake, exhaust, or chip questions. There are just some people on the Vortex that get mad at questions they hear over and over, but not all of us are here 24/7 reading posts.

I used to live in Alpharetta when I was little, cool.

· Registered
4,352 Posts
I know someone that installed the trial for Revo, drove downstairs on a 5 level parking struture. Came back up and bought it.
Stock mode, what stock mode?

· Registered
340 Posts
Re: (selfatvi)

Quote, originally posted by selfatvi »
I know someone that installed the trial for Revo, drove downstairs on a 5 level parking struture. Came back up and bought it.
Stock mode, what stock mode?

I know that guy. He is such a tool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.