VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a CEL and the code from autozone came up as P1152 and P1165, these same codes from a VAG COM mean this
P1152= Long Term Fuel Trim Additive Air Bank 1: Range 2: System too Lean
P1165 = Long Term Fuel Trim Additive Air Bank 1: Range 1: System too Rich
This is wierd, yesterday I cleaned my MAF and re-installed it, it did not help, also I noticed the engine knocking when I add gas, I didnt notice this before as its in very audible with everything up and closed... I listened with the hood up and its very noticable.. I have not noticed this in the past, maybe it started after I re-installed the MAF.
Does anyone know what the problem/s could be, as I am lost, fauly o2 sensor maybe?? What would cause knocking??.. Also is it ok to drive??? I dont think its a good idea, but I need my car bad... thanks for any input http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

(I already posted in the 12v Forum and its been 2 days with virtually no replies.. so I posted in here so maybe more people can see and maybe know whats up)

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: problems.. (GTIVR6PL)

bump... knocks sometimes at idle too.... yes sometimes.. it stops and starts.. and anytime i hit the gas also.. as well as when i let off the gas... still knocks all the way back down to idle.. someones gotta have something

·
Banned
953 Posts
I use to own a maxima that did that and I spent over $1000 on repairs and nothing happened. I ended up getting rid of the car.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: problems.. (boraattack)

yea, i think it might be MAF or maybe one of the O2 sensors... I cleaned it because i figured why not give it a shot, I cleaned it with 70% isoprophyl, I aksed around and was told that its fine to use, and ive read stuff about others using 70% and they had no problems.. I found a buddy with a VAG and im gonna get it scanned soon, so ill see what that turns up... thanks guys.. any further input is great.... the biggest shock of all this is the knocking.... came out of nowhere.. havent heard it before yesterday after re-installing MAF..

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: problems.. (screaminVDUB)

yea, if it turns out to be the MAF, then im def. going to get a 2.0.. well see how things turn out... hopefully get it scanned tomm.. ill let you guys know what the problem was/is when I find out

·
Registered
527 Posts

In my case the 70% alcohol did not clean my maf. I recently cleaned it with 93% and it took care of the problem i was having, so you might want to try that, or vw also makes a cleaner for the maf that works very well from what i hear.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: problems.. (boraattack)

yea, im prob. just gonna get a 2.0 MAF.. then try to clean mine up to see if that works.. if anything ill just have a spare lying around which will prob. come in handy again sometime

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I got the 2.0 sensor and all is well no more CEL.... although my engine still knocks... dont know why

1 - 12 of 12 Posts