VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

621 - 640 of 719 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo has been delayed...

(Google translated)
https://www.automobilwoche.de/artic...di-mitarbeiter-helfen-beim-porsche-taycan-aus
EXCLUSIVE - Due to the high demand for the e-car:
400 Audi employees help out with the Porsche Taycan
Due to the high demand for the Taycan electric car, Porsche can hardly keep up with production. Now there is reinforcement from the sister company Audi: 400 employees from Neckarsulm are moving to Zuffenhausen for two years to help out in the Taycan production.
From Frank Johannsen

"400 employees from the Audi site in Neckarsulm are temporarily moving to Porsche in Zuffenhausen to support, among other things, the production of the fully electric Porsche Taycan," said an Audi spokesman for the Automobilwoche. The first have been there since June, with more to follow in the coming months. Among them are colleagues from all production areas: assembly, ...
https://www.noticiasautomotivas.com.br/porsche-taycan-tem-40-mil-pedidos-e-precisa-de-ajuda-da-audi/
The Porsche Taycan is already a success within the German brand. With 40 thousand orders, the electric super sport has its production capacity compromised by the excess of orders.
To get the job done and deliver within an acceptable timeframe, Porsche had to ask for help. Audi will transfer 400 employees provisionally from Neckarsulm to Zuffenhausen, in order to reinforce the Taycan production line.
Porsche needs specialized labor and, given the speed Taycan has been selling, hiring and training does not seem feasible, as Audi has the necessary technical staff to carry out the production.
The Stuttgart automaker itself had already hired 500 employees for the regular production of the Taycan, but they will not do the job. Porsche currently only manages to produce 150 copies of the electric sedan a day.
It is reported that this volume is insufficient to meet demand, which should generate a new work shift. However, the plant does not operate in a traditional way.
The process employed does not use a traditional assembly line, with a highly robotized part and a very manual part, something different from what Audi does in Neckarsulm.
It is known that Audi wants to take this technique to the production of the e-tron GT, (...). Although the technique used is different, it apparently does not meet high volumes.
Even so, Porsche is unlikely to change the process, although delays led to the postponement of the Taycan Cross Turismo to 2021. The brand is still studying other variants of the model, such as a coupe and convertible.
(...)

·
Registered
2020 Civic Type R, 2014.5 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3 (work)
2,133 Posts
Finally saw one in the wild this week. It's okay. I still think the Model S is a better looking car. I've never been a huge fan of any of Porsche's 4 door designs though.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Finally saw one in the wild this week. It's okay. I still think the Model S is a better looking car. I've never been a huge fan of any of Porsche's 4 door designs though.
Saw my first one a week or two ago (a Turbo S). The only thing that really stands out about the car is the massive brakes. Otherwise, it could be mistaken for a Panamera by the uninitiated. I don't think it looks bad, but it's not a super exciting design.

·
Registered
B8 S4, E30 vert, E36 coupé
1,455 Posts

I think it’s a classic case of low trim/low excitement, highly optioned/high excitement.

I saw a gray Taycan with the Aero wheels on the road a few weeks ago. I was excited to spot it because I knew what it was. But really, it wasn’t a particularly visually arresting car. The optional Sport Design wheels, lowered with PASM, and an actual paint COLOR make a world of a difference in terms of the on-road presence/‘wow’ factor.

·
Registered
993 Posts
My nearest dealer has a white 4S, I didn't like it at all. Seemedreally big to me, and the nose is bigger than the tail. Solid meh. Then a couple of days later I saw a black Turbo on the road, looked great rolling and I watched it for as long as I could, it looked really good. Perhaps it's one of those cars that needs to be black to hide the chunkiness of it, with bigger wheels helping to make it look smaller.

Compared to a Tesla though? No comparison, Teslas do nothing for me, the only one I think looks good is the Model3 Performance model but it's still a far cry from the Taycan in my eye.

621 - 640 of 719 Posts