VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

641 - 660 of 719 Posts

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
that looks 10x better than stock.
I guess if garish is your thing. I'm not into RWB or Liberty Walk style interpretations. Lamborghini is the brand in VAG portfolio that does lots of over-styling stock, though. Wouldn't surprise me if we saw an EV Lambo sedan based on this platform in the future if the sales stay steady based on how well the Urus does.

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,600 Posts
Interesting that the Cayenne sells more than double than the Macan (between its two variants).
I'm really surprised to see that order. I was told in Canada last year it was:

Macan
Cayenne
Panamera
Boxster/Cayman

But that was before the Cayenne Coupe and Taycan.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Finally saw one in the wild this week. It's okay. I still think the Model S is a better looking car. I've never been a huge fan of any of Porsche's 4 door designs though.
After that truckload I saw in Portugal last fall, and then *one* at the VW ERL facility 9 months ago, I finally saw my first one "on the road" here in the SF Bay Area, yesterday. Almost missed it, it looked generic enough -- thought it was a Panamera but something about the quad LED DRLs gave it away so I was able to get my phone out in time.

The Model S is long in the tooth, so it definitely looks dated. But if both the S and the Taycan came out at the same time as fresh designs, I think the S would be the winner, particularly if released in "refresh" guise rather than the original nose cone design.
EDIT: from an exterior perspective, of course.

It's handsome enough, but definitely has some of the "duckbill" nose look that the 3 was mocked for. I don't think it's so much a bad design element as something you get used to.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
I think it’s a classic case of low trim/low excitement, highly optioned/high excitement.

I saw a gray Taycan with the Aero wheels on the road a few weeks ago. I was excited to spot it because I knew what it was. But really, it wasn’t a particularly visually arresting car. The optional Sport Design wheels, lowered with PASM, and an actual paint COLOR make a world of a difference in terms of the on-road presence/‘wow’ factor.
Super-true.

I put my deposit down almost two years back, while it was still a concept. I saw one in person for the first time down at the Amelia Island Concours in Frozen Blue Metallic and knew that was the one, haha. I actually wanted to test drive before I put my spec in, and unfortunately...it was grey. The grey really just doesn't do it any justice.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I've seen a few in person - I love the futuristic pseudo-sound: super cool. We have a Porsche dealership down the street from my office and they've had a few on the lot. Porsche definitely struck the right design note between traditional and futuristic with the Taycan - immediately recognizable as a Porsche, and definitely unique.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Well, my day was upended when my salesman sent me an email with just "your car is here", followed by these two pictures.

Going to pick it up tomorrow morning. And, as it's a few weeks ahead of schedule, calling in a favor to a friend to help me get the 240v nema hooked up in the garage with the quickness.

taycan 1 by Loys Jasone, on Flickr

taycan 2 by Loys Jasone, on Flickr

·
Registered
44,676 Posts
Most of the time I'm not a fan of cyan on a car, but this one, ever so slightly toned down, looks great on there!

I'd love to drive that. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,439 Posts

DAT A$$. First EV I could actually say I'd really like to have. (It's way beyond our modest means, but the point stands)

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Well, my day was upended when my salesman sent me an email with just "your car is here", followed by these two pictures.

Going to pick it up tomorrow morning. And, as it's a few weeks ahead of schedule, calling in a favor to a friend to help me get the 240v nema hooked up in the garage with the quickness.

This thing is crazy in that color.

Is that Miami Blue?

·
Registered
456 Posts

Someone in my complex just got one in this color. Looks amazing in person :thumbup:

This thing is crazy in that color.

Is that Miami Blue?
I believe it is Frozen Blue

641 - 660 of 719 Posts