VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea well sadly to say this project will be put on hold. I know lately you have seen me making posts about the mods that are soon to come for my BV head and ABA block. I was just about to start ordering parts today, then i rechecked my finances. What im about to spend on my fox,is almost the exact same amount that will set me debt free!!! At 20 its really hard to say no parts and pay off bills but im gonna do it. I know in the back of my head that its best. Plus i got a big vac in july/aug that i wanna propose to my old lady on, and im moving so it just makes sense. Fortunately this gives me more time to figure out exactly what i want to do, hell i might even go megasquirt. But once again thanks for the support all. For now ill just bolt up the ABA and hope it fills my desires-lol

· Premium Member
21,222 Posts
Re: Project 14sec 1/4 cancelled!!!!! (SN2BJDM)

That's why you buy lots of little bits often.... you don't notice it all adding up, and it's almost undetectable to the 'other half'...

Modified by the brit at 7:50 PM 3-15-2006

· Registered
2,973 Posts
Re: (SN2BJDM)

I've been there with the debt too.. haha well I'm still there. If only I could stop going at school... when I finished high school I done a 3 years electronics course and now a welder-fitter course. So I only worked during summer and weekends.
I don't care.. if you want a life while in school you have to have a debt otherwise things are getting pretty boring.

· Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Windowlicker)

Quote, originally posted by Windowlicker »
Recommendation: get your life straight. The fox can wait. I know it's fun to build it but. . . get out of debt.

thanks man i feel ya. I figured instead of dropping the money on the fox i could just drop it on my cards. That way when im moved and settled and all i can order parts, and not have to worry about other miscellaneous bills.

· Registered
4,798 Posts
Re: (Windowlicker)

Quote, originally posted by Windowlicker »
Recommendation: get your life straight. The fox can wait. I know it's fun to build it but. . . get out of debt.

x2
I think you'll also find that the ABA block with even a non-worked big valve head and a stock cam will keep you entertained for a good while. Makes sure you save a few dollars to pick up the big TB if you haven't already.
A question for you: Will your apartment have a garage where you can do any wrenching, or will you be able to still make use of your folks'?

· Registered
4,939 Posts
Re: Project 14sec 1/4 cancelled!!!!! (the brit)

Quote, originally posted by the brit »
That's why you buy lots of little bits often.... you don't notice it all adding up, and it's almost undetectable to the 'other half'...

Yeah, you can fit a lot of parts into the trunk of a Fox...

· Registered
4,798 Posts
Re: (SN2BJDM)

Digi Fox. (91+) Secondary plate is huge compared to CIS Fox.
It makes a huge difference when you have 2L lungs - especially if you're camming it. If you run the std TB on the ABA, you'll still have your butt-load of torque (and great driveability) because that peaks at lower RPM, but if your cammed to make power into the 6k+ range, you'll never really get into the meat of it unless you put the big TB on. Heck, even with the stock cam you can't get really get into any 2L power above 4500 with the small TB. Trust me - I've run both on the ABA. There is info in the FAQ's and Adam's site for potential donors - but the Digi Fox unit is simple.

Modified by snowfox at 9:59 AM 3-16-2006

· Registered
4,798 Posts
Re: (BlackFoxer)

I've never compared them, but I would assume that it is. The 16V is making power way up in the revs where a LOT of air is required, so it would stand to reason... What I don't know is the interchangeability between the 8V/16V TB's (they probably are, but I don't know for sure). IIRC, the Digi mkII 8V's TB (it has the bigger secondary) will work for the Fox, but there may be some changing around of various connections that I can't remember. If you are CIS, the TPS doesn't help you. I think you would need to go to K-Jetronic (I think that's the one - from the 87 GLI 8V for example) to get the WOT enrichment circuit. It's something I've thought about but never tried. Sure would be nice to get a little bonus fuel up there in the high revs at full throttle...

· Registered
4,798 Posts
Re: (BlackFoxer)

Quote, originally posted by BlackFoxer »
...it was for a later standalone use.

I kinda suspected... You might go check the "Doh" thread from fugazi885. He just ran into trouble with TPS and fuel rail clearance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.