VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 102 Posts

· Registered
162 Posts
Subbed and hoping to see this beast running in real life VERY soon!! Eurokracy hopefully!? :eek: :heart:

· Registered
78 Posts
This is sick! Can't wait to see the progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,884 Posts
Yes it is bolt-on for the haldex and subframe with links. The only thing I realised is that the rear track of a jetta is fairly wider that a golf. So I have grabbed rear uprights from a tiguan and they look perfect to match the jetta original track. I still have to take some measurements but I think it should work.

I was expecting the suspension to fit right there, because some guy used mk5 rear irs to install on mk6 jetta to get rid of the rear axle beams.
It's amazing how interchangeable VW parts are. They're like Legos for grown-ups.

· Registered
16 Posts
Love it! I've been seriously shopping AWD cars. I really enjoy my '13 GLI w/Unitronic Stage 1+ but kind of debating going Stage 2 because it seems to me that these fwd cars aren't really meant for more power than this. Very interested in how this works out. Best of luck, cheers mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Can you give us like an overall overview of what your plan is if you get a chance. What parts are you replacing, what are you doing with transmission, fuel pump issues, etc. ?
Mecanically, I'm replacing pretty much everything but the engine itself, the left halfshaft and the steering rack lol.

Transmission change will require a special files for tcu and ecu. Since I'm a local Unitonic dealer, my good friends at the head office have gave me a good hand on this.

the R fuel pump will do the trick perfectly.

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Thank you guys for your comments. Really appreciate it. I hope my thread will crank up a couple of you to do the same haha!

OK so I test fitted the golf R propshaft. Since the wheelbase of the Jetta is about 3 inches longer than the golf, as expected, the propshaft will have to be 3 inches longer lol:banghead:

I also bought from the stealership the brackets for the propshaft in the tunnel from a golf R. I turned out the tunnel is quite different and it wont fit right there. I had to cut and modify them so they match the shape of the tunnel from the Jetta chassis. Once done, they had to be welded to the tunnel.

A bracket also needed to weld to hold the gas thank heat shield (sorry forgot to take pics)

Finished that too so the gas tank can be reinstalled for good ;) You can see how the gas neck fit exactly where it should be!

Meanwhile, I splitted the propshaft, and sent the longest part to a friend machinist where it will be lengthen. It will have to be rebalanced before installation.

Project is moving foward..... I like that :laugh:

· Registered
1,009 Posts
Quick question, but what is that rear subframe out of? Mk5 R32?
As far as I know there were only a limited number of models with the aluminum rear subframes, and one of them (B6 Passat) would cause an issue with your propshaft spacing.

I've found that any of the rear subframes will physically bolt-up (and some will accept different model rear diffs even) to a B6 Passat/CC/Mk5/Mk6 since the subframe mounting points are the same.
However, some of the subframes will place the rear diff more forward and others will place it more to the rear. Just some food for thought.
I also have a spare Mk6 Golf R rear subframe available if you need any measurements from that.
I can also get you measurements from my prop shaft if you'd like to see if it would fit, since it is slightly longer than the Mk6 Golf R one. :beer:

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Quick question, but what is that rear subframe out of? Mk5 R32?
As far as I know there were only a limited number of models with the aluminum rear subframes, and one of them (B6 Passat) would cause an issue with your propshaft spacing.

I've found that any of the rear subframes will physically bolt-up (and some will accept different model rear diffs even) to a B6 Passat/CC/Mk5/Mk6 since the subframe mounting points are the same.
However, some of the subframes will place the rear diff more forward and others will place it more to the rear. Just some food for thought.
I also have a spare Mk6 Golf R rear subframe available if you need any measurements from that
I can also get you measurements from my prop shaft if you'd like to see if it would fit, since it is slightly longer than the Mk6 Golf R one. :beer:

Hi Charles,

My rear subframe comes from a euro version R32. I already had the golf r subframe but it was quite rusty so I opted for the aluminum one. On the Passat/Tiguan/CC subframe, the 4 main bolts holes to chassis will fit perfect but the haldex mounting points are different. Especially the front haldex ear that is quite longer and would not fit the PQ35-36 chassis. There is a notch to clear the haldex ear but it's just enough. No chance of clearing the longer version.

The measurements of your driveshaft would be great yes,if you have a chance. Is yours mounted with welded bracket to the body or with the cast mount that bolt under the chassis?

· Registered
1,009 Posts
Hi Charles,

My rear subframe comes from a euro version R32. I already had the golf r subframe but it was quite rusty so I opted for the aluminum one. On the Passat/Tiguan/CC subframe, the 4 main bolts holes to chassis will fit perfect but the haldex mounting points are different. Especially the front haldex ear that is quite longer and would not fit the PQ35-36 chassis. There is a notch to clear the haldex ear but it's just enough. No chance of clearing the longer version.

The measurements of your driveshaft would be great yes,if you have a chance. Is yours mounted with welded bracket to the body or with the cast mount that bolt under the chassis?
Yeah, I had found out about the differential mounting point differences the hard way with my own car. :laugh:

So that subframe is the correct one for your car then. It's interesting that the length changes that much between the Golf and Jetta chassis.

The driveshaft that I have on mine is the style with the cast mount that bolts under the chassis. It originally came on a Passat 3.6 4motion.

21 - 40 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.