VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
hey guys so i think i found the reason why my car has been acting weird (note after a while of driving my oil light would go on buzz then turn off) so i did a little searching on the forums and found i have been using the the wrong oil, ill probably change the oil tomorrow and new update tomorrow.

Mean while lets all enjoy this mountain view:)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
HEY! Soooooooooo the new update is that i didn't get any work done this weekend BECAUSE... i sprained not only 1 but both of my ankles :mad: it sucks cause i can't walk or move much and to top it off I'm going to get my permit wednesday :banghead:It won't stop me though ;) Until next time!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Hey guys havent had much to post up latley:rolleyes: .soo my ankles are better now thanks for asking :p and i got my permit finally!
so for the past week and a 1/2 or so judy hasnt been starting. well today when i got home i gave it a try and it started. it was pretty rough but it started. after reving it a little the rpms would drope almost turning off but then went to a normal idle then i tryed it again and when the rpms droped the car turned off. i started it and went for a ride, after 30 minutes or so the oil light turned on and started buzzing (note i have the right oil and enough). after having to stop at a red light and suddenly having to brake the car turned off it also turns off when i put it into reverse

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
update while im in school:

So it hasnt been going to well. i got my hard cover bentley which was a lot of help while me and my dad tested electricals fueiling timing and spark. so after chekcing fueling spark buying new wires for the plugs and a new coil pack we came to the conclusion that my timing is off. still waiting for the parts from volkswagen we havent had much to do until then. i decided while all the pulley and such are off i would paint them today (pictures later). Our plan is to get everything TDC and hopefully start. we think the timing jumped because when we got it started the one day as i posted it wasnt running to good.

Questions comments feel free

Before:

Primer:

Finshed:

Installing:

New Lower Belt Cover and Tensioner Pulley and all new belts:

:wave::wave:

And thought i might show everyone my work area for the cold winter season.. My boiler room!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
good start man. but first things first, gut the wiper fluid bottles and the a/c componants. get an a/c delete pulley. that s* is a worthless waste of space:laugh:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
good start man. but first things first, gut the wiper fluid bottles and the a/c componants. get an a/c delete pulley. that s* is a worthless waste of space:laugh:
i was thinking of doing that but its still nice since it still works once it starts to get tired prob decide then :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
yeah and if it still has freeon in it then you really shouldn't discharge it into the air. and definitely dont breathe that sh*t man! hahaha

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So even though after doing my timing and not getting it started i thought i would finish putting together my all red tail lights. Pics:pic:

Paint:

After scuffing:

1st Coat:

2nd Coat:

Finished with clear:

The tails came out great besides the right with had a few drips eventually re-do. Hopefully ill have another one of my friends come check out the car and have another opinion on why its not starting.
Merry christmas to all!:snowcool:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
New update:

After having another buddy of mine come by to check out the car we check the plugs and what not again after we did a compression tests that read 60 or so on each cylinder. So having found that and having my dads friends check it out we found that were gonna need to do a rebuild or replace what broke. So I guess it's finally time move out all the junk from my garage!

Questions or comments feel free and happy new year!:wave:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
60?! ouch man!!!
poopy rings?

regardless its an excuse to clean the garage and start the year with a rebuild. and at least that rules out teh possiblity of being voted DD for the night! :laugh: :thumbup:

21 - 40 of 108 Posts