VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Also if you get a chance, swap out the exhaust manifold from what you have to the dual port one.
Me and my dad are gonna start to pull the motor to this weekend to do rings, ill deff look into it but what are some companies that make the dual port, and whats the difference between the to?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well it sucks that you had to tear it all down after bolting the head down.:banghead:

It may not be a bad idea to check the bore for true so your ring job isn't in vain. If the bore is effed then it gives you a good excuse for larger pistons.;)

Oh, and this is also a good opportunity to flush out the oil and water gallies.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Well it sucks that you had to tear it all down after bolting the head down.:banghead:

It may not be a bad idea to check the bore for true so your ring job isn't in vain. If the bore is effed then it gives you a good excuse for larger pistons.;)

Oh, and this is also a good opportunity to flush out the oil and water gallies.
Yeah we were really hoping it was the head with any leaks in the valve and there were some we were told from the head shop we brought it too amd when we pulled the head the scores in the block werent too bad but when we pull the motor we might have the same shop take care of everything, there was an idea with getting a 2.0 block but we decided to just get it running first instead of "opening a new can of worms" my dad said lol :laugh:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
where did you get your valve cover nuts?? the spiked ones. LOVE those
http://downstarinc.com/Shop/index.php

Im gonna buy 6 more since i only bought 2 for 12$ thinking i was gonna get 6 in one order lol but the price went down to 3 each so that isnt too bad, the 10mm nuts are the "baby nuts" they also have bigger sizes

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Update: So we pulled the motor out to get rebuilt from a shop called buxbaum bros. while the motor is getting rebuilt we just ordered some new samco hoses, and the rebuild kit from GAP. i also started with my bay using the opportunity to clean it up and spray it to take the to shades of blue away. I was thinking of doing white even though i know it'll get dirty. with working with the trans and harness in ill be spraying the bay with a rattle can instead of a spray gun. here are she pics of my progress.

Pedobearr lmao

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
All this and no manual swap? Come on man...:facepalm:

61 - 80 of 108 Posts