81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I know that feeling... sucks :( well I understand your pain lol

·
Registered
526 Posts
This is a great thread, lots of progress going on. :)
Any plans on shows or anything, whats after getting this Judith running?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
This is a great thread, lots of progress going on. :)
Any plans on shows or anything, whats after getting this Judith running?
haha thanks man. shows? well i plan to go to all the local shows in NJ NY and PA like i have been but in modified, i won 3 throphies in the shows ive been in, in the stock category like waterfest 17 spring show and go 13 and fall show n go 20. Plans? ill prob get a job to make some good money as a first. save up for some coilovers, wheels, exhaust, and what ever else comes along haha:p
thanks for the questions :thumbup:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Update: I did some more cleaning today got a lot of the left side of the bay cleaned and took off the fender after 22 years which took like 30 minutes. since ill be painting the rain gutter as well, one of my problems is going to be prepping the area and get a tool in the space. hopefully ill have a lot of work done with my week off from school.

My problem^^ also having a blanket of sealer everywhere inside, any tips or tricks?

Questions, comments feel free to ask:)

Well Enjoy:D

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Update: So we had some problems getting the pistons for my car since a lot of places dont make them or is a speical order. some how my dad found some shop in PA that did a lot of work vw and had a pistons, rings , and piston pins for sale for 80$. we also got the gaskets off GAP. yesterday we dropped everything off and is only a matter of time after its done. No pictures but ill update soon about the progress in the bay and other parts. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Love the vavle cover man glad u found a piston cant wait for more updates

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Update: Got my motor back yesterday! They did a great job with every thing and also cleaned it up and saved me a load of work painting it painting it black for me. All there is to do now is get parts sandblasted and cleaned and painted along with the bay which is going to look like the bees freaked knees when I'm done with it! :laugh:

Some pics:

Braided or solid exhaust gasket? I'm thinking solid but not sure

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Update: today me and my dad took a trip to check out the shop thats gonna do the sandblasting Haward Metal Finishing, we went there with the plan of getting the parts sand blasted but figured out it would be worth it if we got them sandblasted for prep and then powder coated. the only reason this wasnt my original plan was because i thought it wouldve been cheaper to do the painting my self but the owner has pretty good prices and also powder coating them would have turned out to be a much better job than usuing the rattle can. more updates soon :laugh::thumbup::popcorn:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 · (Edited)
Update: Ohh boy! got tons of work done these past 2 days. Also since the shop i got my block rebuilt at did such a good job we brought my head there to get checked out because of the issue not having the timing mark on the gear line up with the top of the head/ bottom of valve cover. The guy called the other day and told use he found something like copper balls also he said the last shop put different valve guides in from the ones i already a had and also they did a bad job polishing the old ones, so basically got bad results from Head Masters :thumbdown:

More pics of the new rebuilt motor :laugh:

Cleaned the inside of fenders, before and after

Finished prepping the bay for paint

What i get for buying cheap tools Harbor Freight:thumbdown::thumbdown::facepalm:

Left side all primed and ready for the paint

The paint booth :p

Finished prepping the lefts side not as much as i would like but the paint seemed to sit pretty smooth

Finished my little project painting my wink mirror came at pretty bad used a paint brush with paint from michaels craft store, gonna clean it out and spray it white.. maybe lol

81 - 100 of 108 Posts